1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games' started by Pookie Bear, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Pookie Bear

Mobster

Anyone else looking forward to this?

I've pre-ordered the hard copies, and am watching the previews as they come out (and promoting them on our podcast Facebook page) because, as a group, we're really looking forward to trying it out. So many of the changes just look like common sense and it sounds really straightforward, yet retaining the depth that Pathfinder is known for (at least that's how it looks from the previews so far).

We'll be moving over to it pretty much straightaway, as I think it's a really good chance to learn a game, as a group, from the very start.

2. No1newts

Capodecina

Looking forward to it as current pathfinder, whilst interesting in the depth it offers for character development, is a PITA more akin to ADnD or 2e for rules complexity and remembering stuff.

Whilst I'm looking forward to it I do think it will struggle to match the wonderfully simplistic, but brilliantly flexible advantage/disadvantage mechanic.

3. Bickaxe

Mobster

Looking forward to it.
    Just as we finally have all the books we need and the Herolab equivalents too....

4. Pookie Bear

Mobster

It's basically D&D 3.75 - and has had ten years to build on.

In all honesty, while I intend to embrace PF2 fully as it stands, I will almost definitely bring in Inspiration, both DM- and player-awarded. It's something we used to do in 5e and it was a good addition. Basically, each player had one token they could give out during the course of a session to another player when they did something worthy. Only once per session, and with good reason. The DM had unlimited tokens, but I'm stingy with praise :D. Both parties got a shot of exp to go with it. The exp is kind of pointless using the milestone levelling technique, but we'll see how it goes!

5. Pookie Bear

Mobster

That's always the way of it though - frustrating (particularly the HeroLabs side of things - as that's not cheap!).

6. Bickaxe

Mobster

The missus is adamant we are not switching over for a while for that reason. Can't blame her really.
    Probably another 3 months of our weekly game left before we switch to a new system and GM for a bit. Hopefully see more progress by then and I gives me more time to convince her.

7. No1newts

Capodecina

I've had inspiration off you recently! (Which I still haven't used) and off @Shamikebab (which I haven't used!)

8. Pookie Bear

Mobster

Our podcast is going to move over almost instantly - and the various trials and tribulations will be there for all to hear :D

9. Dis86

Capodecina

Can't wait here. Going to be an interesting set of changes and hopefully they'll have conversions for the current APs

10. Pookie Bear

Mobster

Conversions for the current APs would be amazing, but potentially a massive task. We're going to podcast our moving to PF2 from the very start - hoping it will give a good insight into the system.