Paying for your own meal at a wedding?

Caporegime
You need to read further back, the bride was his ex wife.

Oh right, if you had to keep a 'happy smiling face' on? Why would you just not decline the invite politely?

Is keeping up appearances that important? Hiding behind another false face rather than just politely declining, you do not need to make up excuses for not attending either.

Man of Honour
facepalm.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'm not entirely sure how are the weddings done in the UK, I've only been to some birthday parties where I was invited into a pub, usually first drink was paid by the person who invited and the rest was all on your pocket.

In my country (Poland), there's usually a slight amount of money which you need to pay per person (roughly £20-30), that's to help cover up the costs of a wedding. After the church ceremony you go to a place where the wedding party will be and from there you don't pay anything. Everyone gets couple meals through out the party, there are couple of bottles of alcohol on each table and snacks. You can eat and drink as much as you want, there's no limit. A wedding party usually end at around 2-4am, then people go to hotels and their houses to rest and in the afternoon there's the after party. Sometimes the after party can go on for 2-days (polish people love to party :) )

On all weddings I've been on, the couple was always giving food away to the homeless or family and friends because there was always too much. Same with alcohol, there was always some left over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom