Payraise.. how much do you expect? how much did you get?

Soldato
OP
Public sector, got about 6% this year following stagnation before that. Idk what to expect next year.

An interesting consequence of how they've defined 'higher earners' is that the gaps between some lower grades have really shrunk, meaning there's very little incentive for moderately experienced people to stay in post, which has probably contributed to the poor retention rates we're seeing at the moment.

yub, some of the top tier advantages have been given to middle tier like hire purchase on a car.
and lower tiers getting a much as double percentage raise as the middle tier.

The raise in cost of living, along with the freezing of tax bands causing fiscial drag and the fact that I'm doing two people's roles at the moment... I was hoping for a 6 if not 7% but it seems very unlikely now.

The funny thing is that I work for a company that is known to beat of competition when it comes to pay to ensure staff are kept, as it's such a ***** to get the staff with the right skillset, experince and who passes all the security checks and willing to deal with all the regulations/framework and politics.

Recruitment at our place takes 9 months and often we don't find anyone suitable at the end of it.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
3% Small one this year as few lay offs in production. 40% of which will go to the tax man.... So 3% into the pension again

Private Sector.

Caporegime
will have to wait until September but last year i got a 7.5% rise and a bonus that worked out at about 30%

Soldato
2.5%. That's a blanket rise for all, not performance related.

Performance-related rise I don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be 0%. They brought in salary bands a year or so ago, and my salary was a couple of bands up from my actual job title. So unless I go for a promotion (which I'm not interested in), then I'm unlikely to get any kind of payrise in the near future.

It's a bit depressing knowing that I could bust my balls and not get rewarded for it. But on the flip side, I get paid well and the job is flexible, relatively enjoyable, and pretty stress free.

That's for a tech company in the private sector.

Soldato
Our year runs to Sep/Oct so already had mine but got what I was hoping for at 10% got the same last year as well, suprise this year was a 10% bonus as well.

Not everyone gets the same either so I must be doing something right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom