Payraise.. how much do you expect? how much did you get?

Soldato
Hi all

No need to give exact figures but what percentage of a payrise are you expecting to get and what did you get?

After a year of two rounds of redundancy just before Christmas, and I expect another round soon..

It seems like underperforming staff are not going to get any bonus at all but our union has managed to secure a payraise of 6.5% for lower grades and 3.75% for the mid-grades. High grades are done on a case by case bases.

I guess should see myself luckly to be in a job but a 3.75% payraise seems a tad low with the cost of living, I was hoping for around 4% but hey.. :)

Soldato
Got a 6% pay rise, private sector I think, disappointed really, works out at like £100 a month after tax I guess, I don't see it as a pay rise because our rent will eat all of that plus more

Last edited:
Associate
first year ive not had a decent rise, but given redundancies in our industry are massively on the rise, ill be happy to stay on what im on if it means keeping my job.

Soldato
Didn't get anything last year but only started end of 2022. Hoping for 5% but will find out in March, slight chance of changing teams internally which won't count as a payrise but should have a pay increase but nothing guaranteed.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
2023 pay deal still being finalised by the unions, but I should get 6.8%, backdated from April 2023. April 2022 got 8.4%. 2024 pay deal would be from April, so as soon as 2023 is finalised they will start negotiating that, expecting it to be lower. Hopefully won't have to wait a year again for it to be agreed!

Soldato
I think I got 11% last year. Aiming for the same again this year. But I think I fall into your special cases category - not necessarily a baller but working in such a way that I wouldn't fit into the blanket pay rises.

Soldato
Not counting merit rises, I know precisely, 6%, mainly as we got it back at the start of the year! last year was 4% in Jan, and a further 3% in April, so simplistically a bit over 7%..

That's a private tech company..

Soldato
Public sector, got about 6% this year following stagnation before that. Idk what to expect next year.

An interesting consequence of how they've defined 'higher earners' is that the gaps between some lower grades have really shrunk, meaning there's very little incentive for moderately experienced people to stay in post, which has probably contributed to the poor retention rates we're seeing at the moment.

Associate
As no one's said it, paycut you mean.

I got 4% last year because i'd been with the company less than a year, everyone else got 6%. Though i saw a printed email about the rises with my name mentioned and various figures listed and changed. Non surprising bs for a big company. No idea on this year's, but 5% minimum ideally.

Caporegime
We got 6% last year (NHS) but because of strikes I've probably doubled my salary overall (makes very littlr sense at this point!). Consultants are still squabbling with the Gov regarding last year.

This year expecting very little true payrise as usual, but take home will likely be bolstered by further strike cover.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom