Pc build / full system advice

Associate
OP
Hi,

I ordered everything and all the bits arrived well packaged. In the end I ordered a react bundle as it was on offer, however there does not appear to be any thermal paste with the system. It has all been tested and there is some residue on the processor and the motherboard 'plastic bag' it came in. Do I need more paste? Or should I just attach the cooler? Does anyone have any experience with these bundles?

Sorry if it's a stupid question it's my first build.

Associate
OP
Also the superflower power supply only has a European two fork plug. Is this normal? A power supply you can't play is not that useful!

Associate
Good luck on your first build Moman i think id of left it for someone that knows what they are doing when spending that much money i know there's good guides on youtube but knowing my luck id damage something that i shouldn't lolol

Soldato
Do the bundles not just come fully assembled? CPU coolers come with a sachet of thermal paste which is good for one use. If you have to remove the cooler for any reason you'll have to buy some more thermal paste and re-apply it.

I'd contact OcUK about the PSU. Or just buy an adapter.

Associate
OP
Haha yeah nicknack beginning to think that too !!!

Cheers fulax, no the motherboard did not have the cooler attached (hydroh80i). I was a bit surprised as it looks like it was assembled, tested then disassembled with just the paste residue on it. Also no box for the processor provided. Tbh I am a bit miffed at ocuk right now. Is there a freephone number, the order sheet says it's 10p per minute!!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I spoke to customer services and they are sending me some paste and a UK plug for the psu. Very helpful there were to. :)

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I don't have one! in the next installment of what is becoming a saga dpd delivered the package to a neighbour, but not the one I specified and they did not leave a card to tell me where the delivered my parts!!!!! Build still not started.

Soldato
Whilst you wait for the lead to arrive you could fit a standard plug to the one you have. Just chop the 2 pin part off and wire a normal 3 pin plug to it. I would try and fit something like a 5amp fuse if you have one.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice lee. Its also the lack of thermal paste for the cooler on the processor that is hindering me getting started.

Associate
OP
All the parts have now been Delivered! Started to build and will turn it on tomorrow, hopefully it does not blow up! I have a couple of questions :

1. How can I tell if the thermal paste has been applied correctly? Is there operating temp I should look for? I'm using a h80i cooler. If I have not done it correctly what should I look for?

2. The motherbard came with two sata cables, however the I have a ssd, a caviar blue had and a dvd drive, I trust I need to get another sata cable to connect all three or is there another way?

Ta.

Associate
OP
I have definitely bitten of more than I can chew. I should have ask ocuk to build this. I have installed all the components and plugged in the monitor. When I turn on the machine the fans an corsair unit all power up but I have no image on the screen monitor is plugged into motherboard . I have a ssd and the dvd drive plugged in to the sata ports on the mb.

I'm using i7 4770k
Msi z87-g45 Mb
Vulcan 8gb memory x2
Msi r290x graphics card fans are woking
Corsair c70

It was a react bundle so thought it would work on start up. Any ideas?

Soldato
If the GPU is inserted into its slot, the integrated CPU graphics (i.e. monitor plugged into motherboard) don't tend to work, unless you alter the BIOS setting for it. So that's probably what happened.

Associate
OP
Hi thanks Danny and fulax. I have installed Windows and all is working. I put the graphics card cd in the machine however the driver screen only shows a plane on a red background with no options to click. Any ideas on how I get the drivers?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom