PC Crashing after 10-15 minutes of Gameplay

Associate
The system crashes when playing any game between 10-15 minutes.

All my drivers are up to date, I did update my BIOS to the latest version I'm not sure if the issue started after updating the BIOS

Nothing is overclocked I disabled XMP but no joy

What would you suggest, downgrading the BIOS?

Sorry I thought the specs were in my signature

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Mobo Gigabyte Aorurs Master X570 Cooling NZXT Kraken Z63 Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200 PSU EVGA SuperNova T2 1000w GPU MSI GeForce RTX 4080 SUPRIM X SSD 2 x Samsung 250GB 840 EVO M.2 Samsung 980 PRO Case Corsair Graphite 780T

I can use the mouse but clicking trying to perform an action does not do anything the sound goes off I have to turn the power off or reset

It seems like this is happening no matter what I'm doing after about 15 minutes the system freezes even if I don't do anything and the monitor goes into standby I have to restart the system

I am running a memory test and will check event viewer

Last edited:
I am looking into event viewer as we speak, the motherboard booted into the recovery bios itself and shows the orange led how do you get out of the recovery and into the normal bios

Event viewer shows the folling errors:

The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error:
The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.

i jave searched these erros and done what it suggested but no luck, i have tried uninstalling CAM, doing a memory test, checked system files.

I've uninstalled the AMD chipset drivers to see if these were the problem, after uninstalling I got a blue screen but then the system restarted normally. i am just waiting to see if the problem happeens again.

I looked through the processes on task manager but nothing seemed out of the ordinary

As a last resort I downgraded the bios to earlier version and it seems to have done the trick. Can't believe it was the bios after all that. Very strange indeed

Back
Top Bottom