PC crashing since W11 upgrade

Associate
OP
Is it all working correctly now?

To be honest, I will not ever know.
I looked at the price of my parts second hand, and decided for about £200 I could sell the mobo, CPU and RAM and upgrade to a AM5 CPU. I thought before they discontinue the AM4 socket I would do this.
So I now rock a MSI B650 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR5 ram and a Ryzen 7 7600x (although I wish I had got the 7850x3d, but budget didnt allow).
I did also change the PSU from a Corsair RM750x to a Seasonic 850 one. My gfx card has 3 power connectors, and I had to double up one cable from the corsiar, but dont need to with the Seasonic. I spent about £250 with the PSU upgrade.
Have loaded Win11 and its running with no issues at all.
I game at about 70c with a NZXT 280 AIO. A little hot, and I am thinking of under volting, curve optimising it, but its a little confusing at the moment. More reading and youtubing required! But its not as hot as some people report, with gaming temps in the 90's.
All in all, I am very happy with the new setup, and the help OCUK gave, and AMD have given.

Also, I need to give a massive shout out to you, Ch3m1c4L , and Mcnumpty2323 , for taking the time to comment and help me. I used to be able to overclock the old CPU's, and know my stuff, but these days I just do not seem to be able to keep up!

Soldato
Yeah it's a bit different now
Sometimes under volting
And curve optimiser are the way to go
Was much simpler back in the days of increase the voltage
And increase the multiplier

Now my bios has options
That I don't even know what they are
To overclock my 5950x
I followed near enough this guys guide
And my motherboard can switch overclock on the fly
So upping my all core to 4.5ghz
Still kept my single core at 5050--5100mhz

Soldato
Welcome my man.
Yea ocing nowadays is quite complicated, and largely only gains efficiency via correcting the voltage etc.
My 5900x and my 3900x before it run at like 200mhz from max single core boost on extended all core loads, which is about as far as most achieve with an oc anyway and I'm just using PBO. The 5900x I undervolted all cores by 0.15 except one core which crashes at idle/low loads :D did it for temps and then it happily boosts nice and high now.

I could never get ryzen master to do curve optimizer properly, so I just did it in my bios. Set it to - 15 on all cores, noted the crashes, adjusted at needed. Lots of people can run all core - 30 easily, being is so over volted.

Hope you enjoy your new system :)

Back
Top Bottom