Pc dead

Associate
Hi i have an issue that my pc is not starting up. Initially it had the error message in below:

XDN7cXh

USB Device Over Current Status Detected ! !
System Will Shut Down After 15 Seconds.

Then it went totally dead and would not start up. I have not changed anything with my pc in over 6 month and also had a shop look over the issue who weren't sure. I then phoned Overclockers support who thought it was Motherboard related so I sent my motherboard in but now they said the motherboard is fine. My specs are as follows:

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU- MSI RX 570 8GB
PSU- TX 650 M Corsair
Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix X570-F
RAM- 16GB DDR4 kingston

I checked all connections, tried using different power cable, tried starting up with no usb devices plugged in and also ran PSU check that shorts out pins 4-5 to confirm PSU operation.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem or help me ?

Thanks in advance
K

Associate
If it is completely dead, not even LEDs and OCUK say the motherboard works fine, then it has to be the PSU for me? If the CPU, graphics card or memory were the problem, then the motherboard would still boot, well.., I think they would, most of the time.
Think you may be right with the dead psu, but out of interest what usb devices did you have plugged in when it died?

https://youtu.be/e9B_HiR3a5U
May help, this guy does do some nice guides

Associate
OP
Ok so i got the motherboard back. Wired up essentials only and then started adding other items one by one. The USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel connector (U32G2_C9 when connected is causing the motherboard lights to go off so i havent connected that. It seems to be faulty.

When my pc boots up now i go straight to bios cant seem to boot as normal.

Btw thanks for helping me get this far

Soldato
If the bios reset maybes it's changed the drive configuration from ACHI to IDE or viceversa. If you have more than one HDD/SSD, work from the bottom up and only connect up the drive with Windows on it and test it in different sata ports on the motherboard and test using a different data(sata) cable.

Associate
OP
listen guys thanks very much for the help.

I had to disable fast startup and turn on a setting to search for compatible devices. Im not too clued up on the full thing but happy that its working again. The usb devices at the top are still unplugged but i can live with that..

cheers

Back
Top Bottom