• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC Gamer: RX 6500 XT looks worse on paper than AMD's $199 GPU from six years ago

Caporegime
Can't wait to see everyone's excuses when both NVIDIA and Intel come in at higher than expected prices as well.

Few will say much about it, there are people running around here defending the insane price of Nvidia's current cards because they have better Ray Tracing than AMD.

Nvidia are a religion so Cognitive Dissonance kicks in no matter what they do.

Caporegime
I had no time for him repeating himself over and over again to stretch the video out past 10 minutes so the You Tube algorithm would promote it....

Scanning through it all i saw was this, i laughed so hard my sides split. Its Awesome, no one is buying this for mining, mmmmmm.... GOOD!

4yv5L0e.png

Caporegime
you mean £400, and hoovered up by miners

oh and yeah its 1.6 on ETH Hash because the DAG is bigger than the VRAM

People are complaining the 6500 has come in at £225 (OCUK) at least haven't looked elsewhere, yes its expensive compared to similar cards from 3 years ago and yes its compromised if you run it on PCIe 3 but the 3050 is not going to be much faster and will come straight in at £300 and go to £350 with in days and yes £400 in a week or two.

And people will still say buy the 3050, most of this insanity comes from Steve Walton, a man so obsessed with with blaming AMD and to a lesser extent (weirdly) Nvidia for the state of things right now he once concluded that people should buy a 3 year old GPU used at the same price it was when it was brand new. His antics as an "Influencer" are reaching fever-pitch, they are patently insane.

Soldato
People are complaining the 6500 has come in at £225 (OCUK) at least haven't looked elsewhere, yes its expensive compared to similar cards from 3 years ago and yes its compromised if you run it on PCIe 3 but the 3050 is not going to be much faster and will come straight in at £300 and go to £350 with in days and yes £400 in a week or two.

And people will still say buy the 3050, most of this insanity comes from Steve Walton, a man so obsessed with with blaming AMD and to a lesser extent (weirdly) Nvidia for the state of things right now he once concluded that people should buy a 3 year old GPU used at the same price it was when it was brand new. His antics as an "Influencer" are reaching fever-pitch, they are patently insane.
I have to saw earlier I watched a video from MLID and after listing to what he had to say I have slight softened my opinion on the RX 6500XT. His point was that although the card price does suck it priced that way basically because of inflation as components to make the card have all doubled in price, VRAM is more expensive, TSMC and increased the price of a 7nm wafer and shipping costs have gone 6 fold. The bottomline was the days of sub $100 graphics cards like the RX560 are no more.

Caporegime
I have to saw earlier I watched a video from MLID and after listing to what he had to say I have slight softened my opinion on the RX 6500XT. His point was that although the card price does suck it priced that way basically because of inflation as components to make the card have all doubled in price, VRAM is more expensive, TSMC and increased the price of a 7nm wafer and shipping costs have gone 6 fold. The bottomline was the days of sub $100 graphics cards like the RX560 are no more.

Yeah, i have said it before in this thread i think, AMD have said its extremely difficult now to make a $200 GPU because the price of all of the components have gone up, especially VRam, on top of that where it used to cost $5 per GPU to ship it around the world it now costs $35, i don't think AMD are making a penny on these GPU's.

Nvidia MRSP on the 3050 is the most fake of them all, Nvidia will ship these by the pallet load straight to mining farms at +50% on top of the MSRP.

Caporegime
It is the only decent analysis of the 6500 XT I have seen.

Associate
Nvidia MRSP on the 3050 is the most fake of them all, Nvidia will ship these by the pallet load straight to mining farms at +50% on top of the MSRP.

Nail on head.

If the 3050 is such a wonderful card, kindly bestowed on the masses. Any mrsp cards, all 10, will be gone in seconds. Followed by 200 posts slagging off retailers, scalpers and nvidia.

Caporegime

You keep saying it yet from all the photos you see of mining farms, it is AIB models powering them....

Any proof or photos to show that nvidia are "directly" dealing with mining farms?

Whilst the below thread is only a small sample, it shows that most "gamers" are getting FE over AIB models just fine.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...n-a-fe-reference-or-aib-model.18944597/page-3

Few will say much about it, there are people running around here defending the insane price of Nvidia's current cards because they have better Ray Tracing than AMD.

Nvidia are a religion so Cognitive Dissonance kicks in no matter what they do.

But AMD gpu prices aren't insane?

alright-jenniferlawrence.gif

Bearing in mind there is "zero" chance of getting one for msrp...

Soldato

The problem is some of the whack choices AMD have made. Limitation of PCIE interface on 3.0 systems, lack of video encoding. These are just penny pinching decisions. When you add those on to the relatively poor performance, it’s the cherry on top.

Caporegime
You keep saying it yet from all the photos you see of mining farms, it is AIB models powering them....

Any proof or photos to show that nvidia are "directly" dealing with mining farms?

Whilst the below thread is only a small sample, it shows that most "gamers" are getting FE over AIB models just fine.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...n-a-fe-reference-or-aib-model.18944597/page-3

But AMD gpu prices aren't insane?

alright-jenniferlawrence.gif

Bearing in mind there is "zero" chance of getting one for msrp...

You're deluded, Nvidia are not your friend.

Soldato
For certain AMD aint your friend either, especially to the UK where they don't even bother with MSRP cards. Big bad Nvidia are happily firing out loads of MSRP FE cards to gamers in the UK for over a year now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom