*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
My Humble Bundle paypal payment is showing up as a direct debit on my halifax account.

Should I just cancel it as it has already been paid.

Depends how you did it, if you have a PayPal account then the direct debit will likely be the way PayPal takes funds from your bank account. I suspect the amount shown that ties in with the Humble Bundle is just the last payment to be processed. If you cancel it PayPal won't be able take funds from your bank account and future payments sent via PayPal funded by your bank account will fail.

CJS are good so long as what they give you works. They are like Steam tbh, exactly like Steam, they'll be fast and efficient until you have an issue then they'll close the door on you.

Really? Steam support is some of the best I've ever experienced.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Depends how you did it, if you have a PayPal account then the direct debit will likely be the way PayPal takes funds from your bank account. I suspect the amount shown that ties in with the Humble Bundle is just the last payment to be processed. If you cancel it PayPal won't be able take funds from your bank account and payments sent via PayPal funded by your bank account will fail.

I'll leave it for a week or two and see if it disappears from direct debits then.

Soldato
I'll leave it for a week or two and see if it disappears from direct debits then.

Are you sure it is new? If it was setup when you linked your PayPal account to your bank account, then it has nothing to do with the Humble Bundle specifically and won't disappear unless you cancel it. You obviously shouldn't cancel it if you want to continue using PayPal and sourcing funds from your bank account rather than what ever cards you have linked with PayPal.

I've got one on my Lloyds TSB account called "PAYPAL PAYMENT" that states it is a monthly Direct Debit but the last funds taken were 2 months ago on the 18 Jun 13. The date and amount ties in with a payment I made through PayPal where I set the fund source as my bank account.

Permabanned
I've got one on my Lloyds TSB account called "PAYPAL PAYMENT" that states it is a monthly Direct Debit but the last funds taken were 2 months ago on the 18 Jun 13. The date and amount ties in with a payment I made through PayPal where I set the fund source as my bank account.

That's exactly what mine says, I'll just leave it and see if it takes the money out next month then. I imagine it won't as you said your last payment was June.

Soldato
Your experience differs from almost everyone else I've ever seen talk about Steam support...and my own experiences with them.

Suspect that might be down to what people contact them about, they have pretty strict policies about certain aspects of their service like refunds. However I was even given a free game once due to some technical issues during one of the sales a few years ago.

Sure I'm a bit bias but I'm certainly not the only one to have a very decent experience. That being said I'd say it has a lot to do with the fact people are much more likely to moan about a company on a forum like this than to ever praise them when an issue is quickly resolved in a manner that it should be.

Man of Honour
Suspect that might be down to what people contact them about, they have pretty strict policies about certain aspects of their service like refunds. However I was even given a free game once due to some technical issues during one of the sales a few years ago.

Sure I'm a bit bias but I'm certainly not the only one to have a very decent experience. That being said I'd say it has a lot to do with the fact people are much more likely to moan about a company on a forum like this than to ever praise them when an issue is quickly resolved in a manner that it should be.

I really like Steam and use their service tons. Steam support are useless though. I have never requested a refund. My own experiences are more to do with them incorrectly blocking my old account and then refusing to resolve the issue (the original issue was caused by Paypal being useless).

Obviously you see more negative posts on forums than you do positives - that's a given regarding any subject. There are also different expectations from different people. Personally I found the 3 day lag on any response from Steam support every time I've contacted them unacceptable. Others may think that is fine though *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom