*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
For anyone wondering about their free copy of Mafia II from Gamefly if they bought anything in the 2K sale...my email came through at about 2AM this morning.

I just had to login to my account, add it to the shopping trolley and then apply a discount which was already in a drop down box at the checkout to give 100% discount - £15 game free - bargain! :D

It's downloading on Steam now. :)

Associate
Associate
Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection £3.74

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

DRM Free!

The Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection packages 6 of the most beloved classic RPG video games of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise and their expansions into a single edition – the ultimate RPG package for the ultimate D&D fan

games for it are:-

Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%] “…reigns supreme over every RPG currently available, and sets new standards for those to come“ – PC Gamer Developer: Bioware

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%] “Once in a while, a game comes along that completely takes over your life. “ – IGN

Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%] “Is it possible for a computer game to have the intellectual heft and emotional impact of a good book while remaining as captivating as a well-paced film? If so, the first candidate may well be Planescape: Torment. . “ – New York Times

The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%] “A rock-solid RPG that faithfully re-creates a classic adventure.“ – Gamespy

The are also doing Neverwinter Nights complete for 4.99 (think this has some drm though, and issues with 64bit?)
Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs [Metacritic 91%]
“The last role-playing game you'll ever desire, and at last, the fulfillment of a genre“ – Computer Games Magazine

Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs [Metacritic 82%]
“The amazing single player installation improves on the original game in nearly every way imaginable - without breaking anything what has gone before. Even for players who have never hurled a 20-sided die in anger, Neverwinter Nights 2 is not to be missed. “ – Games Radar

Last edited:
Associate
For anyone wondering about their free copy of Mafia II from Gamefly if they bought anything in the 2K sale...my email came through at about 2AM this morning.

I just had to login to my account, add it to the shopping trolley and then apply a discount which was already in a drop down box at the checkout to give 100% discount - £15 game free - bargain! :D

Is it just the base game or with DLC?

Soldato
Is it just the base game or with DLC?

In my Steam account it just says Mafia II, I think it's just the base game, they get you with the DLC! ;)

Also....50% off selected EA games at Gamefly at the moment.

Do this first though - Topcashback for 8.4% cashback, then use coupon code GFDSEP20UK for 20% off the final order, that's on top of the sale.

Works with all I've bought today! :D

Associate
In my Steam account it just says Mafia II, I think it's just the base game, they get you with the DLC! ;)

Also....50% off selected EA games at Gamefly at the moment.

Do this first though - Topcashback for 8.4% cashback, then use coupon code GFDSEP20UK for 20% off the final order, that's on top of the sale.

Works with all I've bought today! :D

Highlight of that sale for me, Command & Conquer Ultimate Edition for only 5.99 (just using the 20% code). Bargain!!

Associate

Got mine today free its just the standard version no extras from Gamefly not really £15 though Gamefly where selling it for around £3.49 during 2k sale still bargain lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Never played C&C is it that good of a RTS game?

*slap* :D

To be honest in todays market no they probably aren't that good, you can beat everything with a tank rush and always could, but for us oldies that grew up with C&C nothing beats it, from the fascinating installation of the original (Youtube it) to the superb soundtrack, C&C and Red Alert were amazing.

They went downhill when from C&C3 when they started making it 3D but up to there it's brilliant gameplay and a great cheesy story.

I've never played RA3 or C&C4 (though I've been warned about it!) so it'll be an experience.

I was reading Amazons reviews of the set and it seems like there are some issues getting some games such as Tiberium Sun working on Win 7 64bit which I run so fingers crossed there...still can't complain.

RA3 also has a Co-op mode so the missus bought it as well!

I have to say I went a bit mad and also bought:
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space 2
Dishonoured Witches DLC (cause what the hell, I need a treat :D)

Bit disappointed not to see Crysis 3 in the sale though, I played through Crysis 2 from the Humble EA Sale...it was good for the money but not great.

Back
Top Bottom