*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

I picked up the full bundle as well and played a little bit of Battleborn and the intro/tutorial was actually pretty good! Especially for like the circa £2-3 I paid for it when you deduct all the other games.

I also had a match of Duke Nukem Forever MP, oh boi that was something! Great bundle overall, I'm wondering if Borderlands 2 will be in the next batch of games to be added.

Is Borderlands The Pre-Sequel worth the extra ~£5 over the 2nd tier? Played and enjoyed the first 2, but heard this one isn't so good?

Its more of the same, but with less varied environments and annoying Australian accents. The characters aren't as good as the other games imo, although Nisha is pretty good. I did like the low gravity, when going back to BL2 it seems a bit boring when you cant just jump through the air and butt smash enemies. Also liked that you could have a hover vehicle to yourself, rather than having to share with someone else. Definitely worth £5 though, I got over 100 hours out of it.

The season pass was a massive disappointment, bar the awesome Claptastic Voyage campaign. They made a big deal about everything will be included in the dlc this time, after they annoyed people with BL2 by releasing dlc that wasn't inc in the season pass. All skins, campaigns, extra characters etc. What they didn't tell you is there would be naff all dlc released, so a lot of people bought it thinking it would be great value this time and were disappointed again, as it was not worth £20 I paid for it at all.

Not sure about Battleborn, it has mixed reviews on Steam which is usually an indication its a bit crap. Total Biscuit gave it a good review, which further cements my suspicion the steam reviews are right. From a quick scan of the steam reviews it seems the multiplayer is a bit dead, which is probably why they are giving it away tyo try and get people playing it.

Last edited:
Not sure about Battleborn, it has mixed reviews on Steam which is usually an indication its a bit crap. Total Biscuit gave it a good review, which further cements my suspicion the steam reviews are right. From a quick scan of the steam reviews it seems the multiplayer is a bit dead, which is probably why they are giving it away tyo try and get people playing it.

http://steamcharts.com/app/394230

Battleborn Steam stats.

850 playing currently. Taking stats from this month before the bundle started yesterday, 800~ at a time was average peak, dropping to 400ish at times. This bundle might revive it a bit, but seems like it was dead on arrival.

Forgetting numbers, apparently it's just too grindy, excessively obnoxious (think Tiny Tina but trying even harder), and the visuals are a mess meaning it's hard to understand what's going on at any point.

YMMV.

http://steamcharts.com/app/394230

Battleborn Steam stats.

850 playing currently. Taking stats from this month before the bundle started yesterday, 800~ at a time was average peak, dropping to 400ish at times. This bundle might revive it a bit, but seems like it was dead on arrival.

Forgetting numbers, apparently it's just too grindy, excessively obnoxious (think Tiny Tina but trying even harder), and the visuals are a mess meaning it's hard to understand what's going on at any point.

YMMV.

thought the visual were now toned down after a recent patch.
not played it myself but think I heard it on a podcast :o

Arkham Knight bundle for £16

Is this game running to an acceptable level yet? Port/Launch was arse. Will pass if it hasn't been properly optimised.

I am just about to finish arkham knight didn't have any issues with it thought it was as good as the rest of the series and worth £16

Back
Top Bottom