*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
Its usually not a problem with the keys themselves, but the way the supplier has obtained them, for the sake of example obtaining financial data via the dark web and using it to bankroll bulk purchases of keys which are in turn sold on to the bigger/better known re-sellers

what are people's experience with kinguin when things dont go as planned? I used them for a while no problems at all but then i was buying Amnesia DD and i have had no end of problems. Key wouldnt activate, had to send about 7 screenshots of my steam account for them to accept the problem then they say the seller will send me another key...that was a week ago. How long should i wait till i issue a paypal chargeback? And i guess kinguin wont like that either..probably ban me from the site :/ I put in negative feedback to the seller ...still pending ;)

Associate
Agree with Mad Max being a gem of game, excellent graphics, great atmosphere and pretty good, although a little grindy, gameplay.

Btw I believe it is only £4.99 at cd keys and has been so for a while.

Soldato
Agree with Mad Max being a gem of game, excellent graphics, great atmosphere and pretty good, although a little grindy, gameplay.

Btw I believe it is only £4.99 at cd keys and has been so for a while.

Interesting. Was slated a bit when it came out. Maybe I'll check it out.

Associate
Interesting. Was slated a bit when it came out. Maybe I'll check it out.

It is horses for courses of course.

For me, Mad Max was one of those games that I didn't really started to enjoy till a little way into it.

I remember coming out of my first discovered base, whereby I meet the local 'lunatic' leader and I had to start doing missions to improve both the base and my car. I drove out of the base for my first proper mission and as this small town was on top of a hill, I decided to drive my car on the cliff's edge to just get my bearings of the surrounding area and to take stock of what I needed to do and that is when it really hit me. As I looked around over the truly beautiful but desolate post apocalyptic landscape, saw the sun was already low in the sky and started to turn into a pretty amazing sunset, there were several dust devils as I scanned the empty and ruined desert area, on the horizon I could see very dark storm clouds gathering with what seemed like a severe dust storm building up (which @10min later actually become an very convincing and frighting storm that hit me so hard I had to drive my car into some shelter between some rocks, storms are amazing in this game and very dangerous), while in the background I could hear the soft rumbling of my V6 engine slowly ticking over and the desperate howling of the desert wind going over the top of that. This is when I really felt I became, Mad Max, it instantly reminded me of the many Mad Max movies and the game got me hooked and I enjoyed it right up until the end. I will definitely play it again at some point once I reduce my list of other games a bit, I will find the urge to put on my worn leather jacket, turn the key of my modded V6 engine and hear it growl, put my foot down and just drive through the endless dusty roads towards both hope and despair, finding a purpose in this ruined world. My name is Max, I run from both the living and the dead...

I'd say for £4.99 you can't go far wrong and I hope you'll get a similar experience as I have had.

Soldato
Whats mad max like for someone who never watched the films?

Post-apocalyptic beaten and drive 'em to death style game.
Combat camera style not unlike Mordor, with added driving.

Go watch the original film and Mad Max 2, this is more like Mad Max 2 in game style, but that first film, so different, so Mel. Superb.

Soldato
This unfortunately!

Don't think i've ever paid more for than £5 for a season pass tbh, and don't ever intend to start doing so (although I have to admit I've been tempted by the witcher 3 a few times :p)

Witcher 3 is worth it as one of the expansions alone is over 30 hours gameplay. Which is more than some full games.

Back
Top Bottom