*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Never bought from GOG, they work on steam?
i think they run on their own or with the GOG galaxy program which is like steam, used for updating the games etc
GOG is owned by CDj projeckts (Witcher 3) Everything is DRM free (basically steam with no DRM)
You can download the game installers direct from their website (no need for any client software)

GOG Galaxy is optional
Also for large downloads you can use GOG Downloader (download manager which supports pause+resume)

I personally just download the installers for games & have never used GOG Galaxy.

Associate
Never bought from GOG, they work on steam?

Nah, but you can add them into the UI as a "non-steam game" if you want to screenshot, chat in game etc.

GOG are a DRM-free site, you buy the game/s & can then DL them via browser, GOG-Downloader or their beta Galaxy & they're there ready for any time you want to DL them again.
Once DL'd, you never have to log in to servers, client etc like you do with steam. Except for the beta thing.
Means you can also back-up the DLs to anything you want too, just in case ;)

I gog ninja'd :p

Associate
i was just looking at one of the games and reading some of the comments it doesnt appear as if all games are DRM free.
https://www.gog.com/game/double_dragon_trilogy?pp=3c6f432e391069cd8aedf254af50a3497489ec17

Never heard of that game before, but it is technically DRM free.
You can play single player & never need to use galaxy (gog's only way of playing co-op/multi-player), although some games like Terraria you don't need it.
But if playing with others, galaxy is required.

Associate
i was just looking at one of the games and reading some of the comments it doesnt appear as if all games are DRM free.
https://www.gog.com/game/double_dragon_trilogy?pp=3c6f432e391069cd8aedf254af50a3497489ec17
Same as master of orion.....

Single player mode can by used without any extra software, but you will need GOG Galaxy installed to use online multiplayer since is was originally used for online multiplayer (the original installer of AvP 2000 contained the first iteration of GOG Galaxy).

Back
Top Bottom