*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
That’s a shame, I had to use my VPN and they’d blocked all the UK IPs so I went US and got it for £3.87.

Still a cracking deal, thanks guys!

I suppose I can’t feel too bad since I got Battletech for 29p :p

Soldato
I hear good things about Arkham Knight, I picked up the deluxe edition for £4.99 recently, so it’s worth shopping around. Apparently it’s best to get the deluxe from the off.
It's still a fiver on cdkeys and had been for a while now.

As for the dlc that's up to the buyer really. Looks mediocre to me and makes no difference to the running of the main game. For the difference in price though may as well grab it? Base game is 3 quid just now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Right? Played them through once, and even though I’ve got a massive list of shame, I can’t wait to get back and play through start to finish.

I played the first one through so many times. It must be in the double digits. Was just such an atmospheric game and combat was brilliant. Second one was good, third one wasn't that great but for some reason 1 isn't in my Steam library, I think I may have had a physical copy.

Will definitely play it through this weekend

Soldato
I played the first one through so many times. It must be in the double digits. Was just such an atmospheric game and combat was brilliant. Second one was good, third one wasn't that great

While I agree I still really enjoyed all three. I think we were just spoiled with the original. I haven’t played any of the DLC so I’m quite excited. Strange that it’s old games and nostalgia that gives me kicks these days :D

Associate
I wanted Hacknet way back when I thought it'd be cool to be a hacker, I'm not so smart so I thought that this game would help me fake it :D

Caporegime
Great AI in the original FEAR, if memory serves. Have to pick them up again at that price!
LOLs, no. I remember standing behind some cover and watching a whole squad come through a doorway 1-by-1. Each would fall a few steps beyond the doorway, bodies piling up. I distinctly remember thinking, "So much for the advanced AI."

Of course those were the days when most AI critters just ran in a straight line toward you, so anything would be more advanced than that :p

Funny thing to remember so many years later. If only I could remember the important things from yesterday :p

Soldato
LOLs, no. I remember standing behind some cover and watching a whole squad come through a doorway 1-by-1. Each would fall a few steps beyond the doorway, bodies piling up. I distinctly remember thinking, "So much for the advanced AI."

Of course those were the days when most AI critters just ran in a straight line toward you, so anything would be more advanced than that :p

Funny thing to remember so many years later. If only I could remember the important things from yesterday :p

No AI is perfect. If you play a game enough, you'll eventually see enemies doing stupid stuff, especially when there's a lot of them near you. But I remember being impressed by FEAR's bad guys at the time. Maybe it's just rose-tinted nostalgia on my part, or that AI in similar titles of the time was just so limited, but it seems I'm at least not alone!

Back
Top Bottom