*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
I've had this in my library for a while and dug it out to have a go over the weekend. Am I missing something about this game? I installed one or 2 mods which improved the graphics, and the scope seems impressive, but the combat is grim. I just mash the keyboard and mouse and win some, lose some. In my efforts to put that to one side, I used the console and some mod to sort out a bow with mostly instant kills but now there feels like there's nothing else to the game.
I've always found skyrim to be very over rated. The combat is just awful imo

Soldato
I've had this in my library for a while and dug it out to have a go over the weekend. Am I missing something about this game? I installed one or 2 mods which improved the graphics, and the scope seems impressive, but the combat is grim. I just mash the keyboard and mouse and win some, lose some. In my efforts to put that to one side, I used the console and some mod to sort out a bow with mostly instant kills but now there feels like there's nothing else to the game.

No idea dude, it's been on my wish list for sometime and I bought it. I haven't got round to playing it yet.

Soldato
No idea dude, it's been on my wish list for sometime and I bought it. I haven't got round to playing it yet.
Have a play and see what you think. I genuinely mean it when I asked if I'm missing something, because there's no disputing its accolades, but when I came to play it was the first "critically acclaimed" game where I just couldn't understand the appeal.

Soldato

Unfortunately, The Elder Scrolls series is let down by its combat. Your two handed heavy armour warrior will turn into a stealth archer at some point as it gets combat out of the way a lot quicker.
The rest of the game is good, lots of quests and places to explore but you won't get away from the combat.

Associate
Don't forget today is the start of a 24hr offer to bag 'A Total War War Saga: Troy' on Epic.

Is not showing as available to order just yet but presumably the offer will go live at some point today...
Maybe 2pm according to the official forums.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/270445/three-days-to-go-until-the-release-of-troy

Yeah, it's live now though as expected the site is overloaded.
I'm guessing the majority of the game will have to be bought separately through DLC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Regarding Skyrim, it is what you make it.

You can play the entire campaign solely with a bow and arrow, or with the various spells. There is a mod for spells that adds about 350 new spells into the game. As well as a plethora or graphic mods, lighting mods, combat and sounds mods there is a vast array of mods to make the game YOU want.

Oh... and a mod that makes the mudcrabs have Gordon Ramsay sounds :D

Soldato
Regarding Skyrim, it is what you make it.

You can play the entire campaign solely with a bow and arrow, or with the various spells. There is a mod for spells that adds about 350 new spells into the game. As well as a plethora or graphic mods, lighting mods, combat and sounds mods there is a vast array of mods to make the game YOU want.

Oh... and a mod that makes the mudcrabs have Gordon Ramsay sounds :D

Google Gordon Ramsay talks dirty :D

Soldato
I played Skyrim briefly and got the natural charm animals to use mammoths to defeat the giants aggression vs me, at level 10. Such achievement, pretty good game as I never play that type normally. The Yeti type monster was a bit of a pain as I remember, slightly quirky

Back
Top Bottom