*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Also what's with the time Vs price comparison it means nothing :cry:

About half of people who play games go by a cost to playtime ratio as justification for their satisfaction with a game.

It's why senua 2 is getting a lot of grief with it's ~6hr playtime. That and because those people never played the first.

Last edited:
Soldato
About half of people who play games go by a cost to playtime ratio as justification for their satisfaction with a game.

It's why senua 2 is getting a lot of grief with it's ~6hr playtime. That and because those people never played the first.
I do not understand why when a game is a continuation of the 1st one they would not pick up the 1st game (for peanuts too) 1st.

obviously not the case for all games... but for instance would anyone watch the film Dune 2 without watching the 1st one 1st?

that said I won't be picking up any time soon either (maybe in a sale) because I have no interest playing this one on a monitor after experiencing the 1st game in VR. the atmospherics of the game sells itself so well to VR. I had a feeling that would be for the chopping block when MS bought them.

Soldato
I do not understand why when a game is a continuation of the 1st one they would not pick up the 1st game (for peanuts too) 1st.

obviously not the case for all games... but for instance would anyone watch the film Dune 2 without watching the 1st one 1st?

that said I won't be picking up any time soon either (maybe in a sale) because I have no interest playing this one on a monitor after experiencing the 1st game in VR. the atmospherics of the game sells itself so well to VR. I had a feeling that would be for the chopping block when MS bought them.
pah! I watched Dune 2 without yet seeing Dune 1

I had read the books though

Soldato
pah! I watched Dune 2 without yet seeing Dune 1

I had read the books though
heathen :D

(the books are brilliant...... mind you so is the "proper" 80s film imo despite being hard to follow without reading the books)

I did miss the likes of kyle mclocklan (SP?), patrick stewart, Sting et al when watching the reboot.

in terms of short games and to put my derail back on topic........

I have put some time into The Gunk which was also reccomended on here.

that is another single digit hrs game to complete and was well worth the money (note 79p in my case ;) ) and it plays well on the steamdeck as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never ever looked at a game and worked out its cost Vs Time. Seems pointless to me. I buy and play a game because it interests me and I'll enjoy it. Whether is £3 or £40. I'm more likely to play it with a 7-10 hour single player campaign as that's all I really have time for these days. No time to sink 100+ hours in to a game.

Associate
Nothing stops you from going back and playing a 1 hour game again.

Perhaps people have just accepted interest and games don’t mix anymore, and it’s only the time that matters. Perhaps, even, not all people have the same interests.

It all does become a little pointless.

Better to put that time towards something that interests you.

Associate
I've never ever looked at a game and worked out its cost Vs Time. Seems pointless to me. I buy and play a game because it interests me and I'll enjoy it. Whether is £3 or £40. I'm more likely to play it with a 7-10 hour single player campaign as that's all I really have time for these days. No time to sink 100+ hours in to a game.
100% how I see it, I'd rather have a game I'll actually complete, no point in me having an Elden Ring like game if its just going to sit in my library after a 30 minute warm up.

Hellblade 2 I've got about 3 hours in, and will finish it off on Friday.

Soldato
100% how I see it, I'd rather have a game I'll actually complete, no point in me having an Elden Ring like game if its just going to sit in my library after a 30 minute warm up.

Hellblade 2 I've got about 3 hours in, and will finish it off on Friday.
It's like Hogwarts Legacy. Fantastic game but after a year I'm still only a few hours through the game. To much to do and see for me to stay focused on making it through it.

Since starting that I've completed RE4 remake, Doom Eternal(again), Jedi Survivor main story. Super Mario World (SNES). I just prefer games I can simply get through with a story that has a simple start and end. Don't have time for endless grinding or so many objectives and random tasks. Like Fallout 4. Love the world and the story but with so much exploring and what not I can't spend that long on a game these days. Besides wife would kill me if I did.

Soldato

What exactly are they simulating down on that farm, do the sheep have very worried faces !?!

53741831706_1762ef38b9_o.png

Back
Top Bottom