1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Gaming Dead?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Toekiller, Jan 18, 2006.

1. wellibob

Mobster

I see it this way. If the PS4 - Xbox series X are as good as they say and are around your £600 mark and a 3080ti is £1200. I know what I'll be buying and it won't please Nvidia (PC gamer for life so far)

2. VeNT

Capodecina

beach please. I'm still using my PC from 2006 and it's not dead.......

3. Edinho

Mobster

1996 - PC gaming dying..
    2006 - PC gaming dying..
    2016 - PC gaming dying..

I wonder what they will be saying in 2026?

4. Stu999

Hitman

Holodeck will be out by then so....:D:D:D

5. Black Dog

Wise Guy

I don't think the PC will ever die out entirely but I have to admit the price of the hardware is not doing anybody any good. I have been a PC gamer for 30 years and have never seen such an increase in hardware costs as much as it is today. It's a shame because it will only fuel the desire for PC gamers to switch to the consoles. I'm pretty lucky as I don't spend any of my money on anything else but my PC and to be honest that's the only reason I can still afford PC gaming. If I had other interests or my money was tied up elsewhere then I would almost certainly switch to the console. I also love the consoles and they have there place but the cost of PC hardware is a bit silly at the moment and I can only see PC gaming losing ground not gaining.

6. Subzero85

Hitman

Always been a pc gamer, with the odd console here and there, mega drive in the early 90s, N64, original xbox and some use on the sisters nintendo wii and thats it, just upgraded before lockdown, so i hope that does me 2 - 3 years and i will see then what prices, new consoles bring to the table

7. weldon855

Hitman

dont forget waiting an extra year to play some games on PC. hello Rockstar!

8. Black Dog

Wise Guy

I think the average middle of the road PC gamer will almost certainly change to console if prices don't come down. You can pick up a PS4 pro for less than a decent CPU.

9. physichull

Sgarrista

I'm still waiting for EA to release the NHL series back onto PC again.....not sure if that's a sign? :)

10. Freddie1980

Soldato

At one point it did seem that PC gaming would become irrelevant and the console's would reign supreme but since then we have seen the rise of mobile gaming and consoles becoming closed off PC's.

11. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Is that Microsoft Holodeck, yeh?

12. ic1male

Caporegime

That'll be me. :p

13. chaparral

Capodecina

I think the only thing that keeps PC gaming alive is that people can upgrade there Gaming PC in multi parts when they have the money spare..

To build a complete mid range gaming PC from scratch would cost a small fortune for anyone starting with nothing :(

Computer Desk
    Monitor
    Case
    Cpu
    Cpu cooler
    Memory
    Motherboard
    GPU
    Harddrives or SSD or M.2
    PSU
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Gamepad
    Windows 10 Software

14. MrPotato

Wise Guy

Always played on consoles. Went for PC, about 12 years ago. For a while kept both, and now just PC. Consoles are convenient. Back at the PS3 time, games were cheap, Play.com used to offer new games at good prices not long after release date. Now PC rules. And I use a joystick for playing, no shame. :D

15. Ocean Breeze

Hitman

PC forever. Consoles can’t provide those lush graphics and frame rates.

16. NZXT30

Wise Guy

PC gaming has become too popular the past few years it wouldn't hurt to lose some of that popularity to be honest

17. Old Man

Wise Guy

18. weldon855

Hitman

PC Hipsters?

19. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

I've been gravitating back towards my PS4 recently. I've just turned 33 and don't find twitch shooters all that fun anymore which was my main reasoning for PC gaming.

20. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Consoles don't come with a ton of RGB mods, though, so are clearly peasant-class devices!!!