PC Gaming is Slowly Destroying Itself

I just think the content creators on youtube etc have finally figured out like 24 hour news, negative/angry content gets the most views/engagement as it provokes an emotional response from the viewer. This then makes companies take less risks and we end up where we are now. Hardware is overpriced when taken from a pure bill of materials cost vs what they are sold for but Nvidia have proven to their shareholders that the professional market are willing to pay those prices so nvidia probably have to justify to them its worth even having a gaming segment at this moment in time as they make so much money from the professional cards.

I dislike upscaling as much as anybody and don't know how anyone can say with a straight face it looks better than native at 1440p. I've not come across a single game that does. Now if you ask is the drop in image quality worth the uplift in performance? 9/10 the answer is yes.

As for posts you see around saying how they are playing that latest game 4K maxed out, with maximum this and that but DLSS perforemance, They're playing at 1080p... to me, suddenly a 2k GPU to play at 1080p doesn't sound so great.

Overpriced hardware the lack of optimisation and the reliance of upscaling and FG.

Then there is all the DEI and Wokeness in western games as devs are scared to offend anyone so we get dumbed down storylines.
Meanwhile over at Paradox Interactive:

Back
Top Bottom