PC Half fixed - Whats my legal position?.

Caporegime
It's been mentioned earlier in the thread but now is a great time for the OP to just shrug, accept, move on and be done. Where I defend a principle extends to the point where I am over-working something I care almost zero about.

Be like Arianna - thank u, next!

Soldato
It's been mentioned earlier in the thread but now is a great time for the OP to just shrug, accept, move on and be done. Where I defend a principle extends to the point where I am over-working something I care almost zero about.

Be like Arianna - thank u, next!

I can appreciate that there is a time when you should just let it go. But in this case for the amount of money that a company is stealing from someone by not supplying the goods that have been charged for is unacceptable.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’ll say it again. OP you should be asking for your money back if they’ve charged you for a motherboard and you KNOW it’s your old one.

Man of Honour
Never had an issue with ASUS tbh. I don’t get the hate, especially when every company will have a minority of disgruntled customers.

Nice resolution in the end, although if you’ve paid for a new motherboard and can prove it’s the same one, I’d be asking ASUS for a refund.

I have a problem with the fact they will happily sell a "premium" line of products but won't back it up with a premium warranty service - if your brand new "ROG" blah blah Asus product breaks early in ownership and you end up going through Asus or the retailer goes back through Asus for a replacement you will almost certainly get a ropey refurb - possibly even someone else's RMA return stuffed back in a box (without any fixing) and sent out again to another customer. And that those products aren't really all that when you actually tear them down more often than not with barrel scraping capacitors, power supplies that have a nice housing but cheap and nasty electronics, etc. switches that won't last half their supposed rated lifespan and so on (some of it isn't "bad" as such for a low to mid-range product but not what I'd expect to find on a premium product line).

There is a reason I ended up taking a hammer to an expensive Asus motherboard a few years back just to be shot of the whole sorry saga and regrettably I later bought an Asus ROG Swift monitor as at the time there wasn't any other option for 144Hz + G-Sync - which ended up another horror story though not as bad as the people who went through like 5-7 of them in short order.

EDIT: Also why there exists a meme of a hammer branded "Asus repair kit" :s

Caporegime
I tried my hardest to read through the waffle but it became impossible... You have a unique talent of somehow converting 10 lines of information into 10 enormous paragraphs...

Anyway, I did pick up that you mentioned you had been using the laptop as it was for EIGHT YEARS? So this laptop is AT LEAST that old, meaning that it almost certainly isn't even worth the £300 you initially paid for repair. :p

Incredible...

I hope you get it sorted but honestly, sometimes it helps to engage the old brain box.

Caporegime
I tried my hardest to read through the waffle but it became impossible... You have a unique talent of somehow converting 10 lines of information into 10 enormous paragraphs...

Anyway, I did pick up that you mentioned you had been using the laptop as it was for EIGHT YEARS? So this laptop is AT LEAST that old, meaning that it almost certainly isn't even worth the £300 you initially paid for repair. :p

Incredible...

I hope you get it sorted but honestly, sometimes it helps to engage the old brain box.

If you read the thread you'll find that due to an accident the OP's "old brain box" is rarely fully engaged. He did receive a "ridiculously nice payout" though to "compensate".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom