PC on the desk or on the floor?

Soldato
Mine wouldn't fit on my desk, not that i'd even want it there anyway. Buy a case with dust filters on every intake and vacuum them once a month and its fine on the floor. If i had a good looking mATX system and a bigger desk i might consider it. I'd probably still put it on the floor out of the way though.

Thats fine if you have positive pressure in the case, but a lot of people dont, so unfiltered air will be getting sucked in all over the place. Often see people with the top 2 fans as exhausts and the rear fan/s as exhaust, plus the psu flipped over so thats acting as an exhaust. Then some also have a gfx card that exhausts the air out of the case. Then they wonder why their case is full of dust.

Plus most filters do naff all anyway. The ones fitted to my Corsair 650D are useless.

Soldato
Mine used to be on the floor under my desk. But with a change of screens I had to move the desk away from the wall and decided to put my small cabinet there instead.. which is a perfect size for my case.

Although that meant changing the LED's around my desk as they glared of my case window.

V F

V F

Soldato
Thats fine if you have positive pressure in the case, but a lot of people dont, so unfiltered air will be getting sucked in all over the place. Often see people with the top 2 fans as exhausts and the rear fan/s as exhaust, plus the psu flipped over so thats acting as an exhaust. Then some also have a gfx card that exhausts the air out of the case. Then they wonder why their case is full of dust.

Plus most filters do naff all anyway. The ones fitted to my Corsair 650D are useless.

Dust will get in anywhere no matter how good it is. Just like sand.

Associate
Floor but it's wooden for airflow. Desk is full enough as it is with monitors and childish toy crap I should really grow up and remove.... actually... nah

Soldato
We had a dog that would come and push the power button with her nose, so I had to have the PC up on a desk.

Now though - on the floor out the way.

Soldato
Why would you want the fan noise right by your face on the desk anyway? Even the quietest PCs still make airflow noise.

Anyway, most people have huge monitors now, putting a case on a desk is a non option.

If you're built a good quality system with a well engineered case then dust is a non issue on the floor. If you've bought an off the shelf system, well then that's your fault :p

You might want to look at your custom WC setup?

Soldato
Floor takes up way to much room on the desk I put some veneer wood under my PC to stop the carpet from blocking the Air flow.

Cute dogs btw

Last edited:
Associate
You are all living in 1999. Nowadays your desk is your PC. However I have seen some people mount their PC's on the wall like the Tt P5. Very nice, very modern, very arty farty.

I worked somewhere where they had wall mounted PCs but was unable to Google a wall bracket for PC use, any suggestions?

Edit just realised what you meant by wall mounted PC. I d still like PC bracket on wall

Last edited:
Associate
Put plank of wooden under the pc stand and get Velcro strap from online store to tidy up cable easily it cheapest to get Velcro strap.. I have a lots and very good tidy up.. I put hick plank of wood under my pc cos it not good for carpet..

Associate
My Fractal Design R5 started off on the floor but it was collecting too much dust so put it on the desk.

Now I need more desk real estate so I'll probably just put it back on the floor or buy a bigger desk.

Back
Top Bottom