PC Restarting When Under Load.

Soldato
If applying overclocking and removing fps cap doesn't cause anymore problems then cause was pretty surely PSU.

What was the specific model number of that BeQuiet?
If you're willing to do "autopsy" that might give hints to what part failed.
(suspect capacitors, with few of them likely bulging)
Waiting couple days with it disconnected before opening it basically guarantees there's no charge remaining.
Even if BeQuiet cheaped in costs and there's no "bleeder"/discharge resistor, leakage current of electrolytic capacitors starts emptying them once not getting power.

Caporegime
OP
I'm out at the mo but when I get back home I'll look it up.

Edit: ok, the model number is Z1-650W (Power Zone).

If I were to highlight its age, would it be a viable option to sell the old unit, or should I just recycle it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I thought I'd upload a couple of pics. They might provide a bit more info.

5198jr.png

Out of interest, I'm trying to work out how to solve this minor problem. Below is a pic highlighting fan connections, however, the new PSU doesn't have these and the motherboard system fan ports look to already be in use. I'm still left with one fan that I can't seem to find a suitable connection for/or one that works. Any ideas?

iljfol.png

Associate
Out of interest, I'm trying to work out how to solve this minor problem. Below is a pic highlighting fan connections, however, the new PSU doesn't have these and the motherboard system fan ports look to already be in use. I'm still left with one fan that I can't seem to find a suitable connection for/or one that works. Any ideas?

You can get an adapter that allows you to connect more than 1 fan to a motherboard fan header, just an example:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-cable-y-splitter-2-fan-pwm-10cm-wc-551-ek.html

Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
OP
Soldato
So, is it not quite as bad as first thought then?
Definitely far from worst.
Once BeQuiet even had PSUs with infamous Fuhjyyu capacitors. (same time with Antec)
But neither exactly any high quality made to last long time in enthusiast use product.

Though not the greatest capacitors would fare better if kept cool, but BeQuiet is agressive in slowing down fan speeds.

Caporegime
OP
Since installing the new PSU, which has been solid so far, I seem to be able to run higher CPU clocks (without tinkering with advanced settings) and also, enabling XMP in the bios. Now, the ram runs at the right speed: 2400Mhz.

I assume it's stable as I've done a couple of long video renders with no problems. Quite surprised.

Back
Top Bottom