PC Spec Check

Associate
Hi,

Looking to get a new PC. I am not the most knowledgable person when it comes to PC parts. Looking for a PC that is going to run AAA games on a 27' monitor at decent frame rates smoothly.
Price range is £2,300-£2,500. Going to be pairing this rig with a ROG Strix XG27AQMR.

Going to be getting the PC assembled by OCUK as Im not confident when it comes to building and dont want to risk anything going wrong with it being a substantial amount of money.
-Motherboard is on PREORDER, but will be contacting OCUK as soon as I've got feedback from you guys.

• Could someone please check if all components are compatible
  • Will the GPU fit in the case selected
  • Any parts worth swapping out that would increase performance
  • Will I need anymore fans to maintain a cool temprature

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,461.80 (includes delivery: £11.98)​
Thankyou for reading.​

Last edited:
Associate
Would wait for the 4080 super no point buying the regular one now, 64gb ram could slim that to 32gb only a few games like more than 16gb, get a cheap windows key no one buys retail ones.

Associate
Hi,

Looking to get a new PC. I am not the most knowledgable person when it comes to PC parts. Looking for a PC that is going to run AAA games on a 27' monitor at decent frame rates smoothly.
Price range is £2,300-£2,500. Going to be pairing this rig with a ROG Strix XG27AQMR.

Going to be getting the PC assembled by OCUK as Im not confident when it comes to building and dont want to risk anything going wrong with it being a substantial amount of money.
-Motherboard is on PREORDER, but will be contacting OCUK as soon as I've got feedback from you guys.

• Could someone please check if all components are compatible
  • Will the GPU fit in the case selected
  • Any parts worth swapping out that would increase performance
  • Will I need anymore fans to maintain a cool temprature

Wait until the end of the month and get a 4070 Ti Super for less money or the 4080 Super for the same price.

That case should be able to accommodate just about any GPU but would easily take that Zotac 4080.

If you're not especially attached to the looks of that motherboard you can save £60 by going for the Asus TUF: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am5-ddr5-atx-motherboard-mb-6k0-as.html

You don't need 64GB of RAM. Drop that to 32GB and go for a 6000 MHz EXPO kit: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-48000c38-6000mhz-dual-channel-my-0b2-tg.html

You could save a few quid on the PSU by dropping to a quality 850w unit like the Corsair RM850x or similar: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9-ca-267-cs.html

Don't buy Windows retail. Pick up a cheap OEM key.

Looks good otherwise. Great bang for the buck components.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
components are compatible
Yes, but I haven't checked:
- The QVL for RAM.
- The cable extension kit.
- Any thickness/height restrictions on the AIO for the chosen mount in the case.

Will the GPU fit in the case selected
392mm length is what Lian Li say, which I think includes the front fans. The 4080 Trinity is 356mm. Didn't check width or slot depth, but can't imagine they would be a problem.

Associate
Wait until the end of the month and get a 4070 Ti Super for less money or the 4080 Super for the same price.

That case should be able to accommodate just about any GPU but would easily take that Zotac 4080.

If you're not especially attached to the looks of that motherboard you can save £60 by going for the Asus TUF: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am5-ddr5-atx-motherboard-mb-6k0-as.html

You don't need 64GB of RAM. Drop that to 32GB and go for a 6000 MHz EXPO kit: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-48000c38-6000mhz-dual-channel-my-0b2-tg.html

You could save a few quid on the PSU by dropping to a quality 850w unit like the Corsair RM850x or similar: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9-ca-267-cs.html

Don't buy Windows retail. Pick up a cheap OEM key.

Looks good otherwise. Great bang for the buck components.
I'd agree on the not buying windows retail, brought W10 Home for 30 odd quid from an reputable online vendor. A few days after install an MS update upgraded it to W11 Home. win. :)

Associate
as above really,
216 case is a replacement for the 215, though longer, as was designed to accomodate a 4090 so you wont have a problem with that. Assuming you're not into any rgb at all, as none in you're componenets above..

Wait for the 4080 super or 4070ti super(think will be interesting now bumped vram to 16gb and memory bus increased to 256bus, so shouldn't be gimped at 4k), though guessing with budget, 4080 super more what you're looking at
I'd go 32gb 6000c30 ram. tighter timing make a difference...pair it with the gaming plus wifi board @Tediore put above..it's been the best selling b650 board for last month or so since they dropped the price and more than capable of running and ryzen 7000 cpu...it doesn't have a pcie5 gpu slot though...not a prob for a 4080, but depends how long you going to keep this..maybe a 6090 or something 4 years down the line might make a difference, but not an issue now
I'd stick with a atx3.0 psu, esp as you going for a more powerful nvidia gpu, so one you have will be good
I'm with the getting win 11 for cheaper. OCuk can still build your pc and test it..you can get you own key yourself...google
double check with ocuk about the arctic cooler, being thicker rad, can inpact clearance between roof of case and the mobo..otherwise something like the lian li trinity aio has excellent reviews

Associate
OP
Thankyou all for replying

• I will wait for the 4080 super, makes sense if its going to be more performance for the same price/ish.
  • Will swap out the 64GB 5600mhz for 32GB 6000mhz
  • Will keep the ASUS motherboard as its my fav motherboard

Couple of things I will ring OcUK and ask about once the 4080 super is released;
- The cable extension kit. - Make sure it provides the right cables for all of the components so it leaves me with aesthetic cable management
- Any thickness/height restrictions on the AIO for the chosen mount in the case. -Just to make sure it does fit in the case or if I will have to chose another.

I know a lot of you recommended to get Windows 11 key instead of buying retail, but im not sure how that would work as I am wanting the system to be built by OcUK and want this system to be as "Plug n Play" as possible, I am a supernoob with PC's so I dont want to be activating a key at home and having problems with any windows updates once I've got the system at home, I am willing to pay the extra for OcUK to install the OS and get it up to date with windows updates, drivers and updating BIOS etc.

again, thankyou for the feedback its appreciated.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I am a supernoob with PC's so I dont want to be activating a key at home and having problems with any windows updates once I've got the system at home, I am willing to pay the extra for OcUK to install the OS and get it up to date with windows updates, drivers and updating BIOS etc.
It is super easy, if you can use a USB stick, then you can do it :D

Associate
OP
It is super easy, if you can use a USB stick, then you can do it :D
I get you, I really do.

The system would come built, download the media creation tool onto a USB and just change the boot drive to USB and proceed with the OS install with a key I bought online.

Im an anxious person and would just like the whole thing to be an easy process (for me).

Dont want the system coming and having to mess flashing BIOS, drivers, OS for what its worth, for me its definitely worth just having a professional do it and it and having the peace of mind.

atleast when it comes setup, I can easily keep ontop with automatic windows updates and driver installs, that would be me preference.

Associate
  • Will keep the ASUS motherboard as its my fav motherboard
Well, we tried with the cheaper tuf board, but if you like the b650 f gaming, may i tempt you with the b650 e gaming. Looks similar, but has an additional m.2 nvme slot, more powerful vrm's but also a 2 digit led post display on the motherboard. This basically posted a 2 digit code saying whether it booted correctly or if you have a problem. Def helps if you have problem. I have the mobo myself and it helped me when my PC failed to boot. Code showed memory problem, which was solved when I disengaged expo in bios until after I flashed the bios, after which it ran fine....just a thought if you want as much peace of mind...downside is mobo is more expensive
Def tell ocuk you want the super also...with the price cut and performance increase, this might sell, and you dont want it to sell out on day 1 and you not have one...this way they should put q aside for your build(they should give you a choice with diff price points)

Soldato
Couple of things I will ring OcUK and ask about once the 4080 super is released;
- The cable extension kit. - Make sure it provides the right cables for all of the components so it leaves me with aesthetic cable management
- Any thickness/height restrictions on the AIO for the chosen mount in the case. -Just to make sure it does fit in the case or if I will have to chose another.
Don't think you will get a cable for the GPU, but they will probably have a suitable alternative.

Think the radiator should fit ok going by the case features. The motherboard tray can be moved down for using a AIO cooler.

At the top of the case, there is space to install a 360mm radiator with an overall thickness of 77mm.

Soldato
Arctic rad and fan thickness is ~ 63mm so should have room to spare.

I did have one in my Pro M a long time ago and was nightmare to fit.

Luckily my case has a removable rad tray which did help, but had to do a balancing act to screw the pump head onto the mobo and then loosen the screws on the front case fan to slide the tray in. It did overhang my motherboard quite a bit though and had to have the VRM fan facing down as it twisted the tubes if it was up.

Pretty sure the Lancool 216 will not have these problems.

Associate
OP
Arctic rad and fan thickness is ~ 63mm so should have room to spare.

I did have one in my Pro M a long time ago and was nightmare to fit.

Luckily my case has a removable rad tray which did help, but had to do a balancing act to screw the pump head onto the mobo and then loosen the screws on the front case fan to slide the tray in. It did overhang my motherboard quite a bit though and had to have the VRM fan facing down as it twisted the tubes if it was up.

Pretty sure the Lancool 216 will not have these problems.

Looks top notch does that mate, really nice.

If worst, comes to worst, could always chose another, its just got some really good reviews so it was my first choice.

Soldato
Looks top notch does that mate, really nice.

If worst, comes to worst, could always chose another, its just got some really good reviews so it was my first choice.
Have gone back to air cooling now as it was to much effort to tinker with components.

It did do a very good job though and setting a fan curve made it very quiet.

One advantage of the VRM fan facing down was that it helped cool my M.2 drive (not that it needed it).

Back
Top Bottom