Penny Arcade - D&D Game Podcast / Live Shows

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Many of you have probably listened to / watched these before.

But for those that haven't, it's some quality D&D entertainment and what got me interested in D&D.

Follow 'Aquisitions Incorporated' from it's inception to it's most recent adventures!

Jerry Holkins (Tycho from Penny Arcade): Omin Dran
Mike Krahulik (Gabe from Penny Arcade): Jim Darkmagic
Scott Kurtz (from PvP): Binwin Bronzebottom
Wil Wheaton: "Al" (Seasons 2-6)
Patrick Rothfuss (fantasy author): Viari (Season 7,9-12)
Morgan Webb: Môrgæn (Season 8-9)

Season 1 (Podcast MP3's)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

Season 2 (Podcast MP3's)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

Season 3 (Podcast MP3's)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

PAX Prime Live Game 2010 (Season 4)

10 Parts - Youtube Videos

PAX Prime Live Game 2011 (Season 5)

10 Parts - Youtube Videos

PAX Prime Live Game 2012 (Season 6)

Part1:

Part2:

Season 7 Part 1 - Ark of the Mad Mage (Podcast MP3's)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

PAX Prime Live Game 2013 (Season 7 Part 2)

PAX East Live Game 2014 (Season 8)

PAX Prime Live Game 2014 (Season 9)

PAX East Live Game 2015 (Season 10)

PAX Prime Live Game 2015 (Season 11)

PAX Prime Live Game 2016 (Season 12)

Pax East Live Game 2016 - Twitch Stream

Acquisitions Incorporated The Series (Season 13)

PAX West Live Game 2016 (Season 14)

PAX South Live Game 2017 (Season 15)

http://www.twitch.tv/pax/v/118079847

Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I sometimes play Pathfinder via Roll20 - and the developers of Roll20 sometimes put up videos of their games. I do like watching vids of this kind of thing - mainly because it amazes me how infantile and thick most players are. When I get a chance, I'm going to have a listen to these - thanks for the links!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
If anyone is interested, the next live game is set for the 13th April during PAX East:

Acquisitions Incorporated Live D&D Game: Dragons Over Easy

When last we left our heroes, they had defeated one of the most terrible foes the Realms had ever seen, and carved out a little space in the city of Waterdeep that they could call their own. Now a new opportunity… err… adventure beckons! Word has reached the Acquisitions Incorporated headquarters of some dragon eggs that are in great peril. Join ‘DM to the Stars’ Chris Perkins, Gabe (Mike Krahulik), Tycho (Jerry Holkins), Scott Kurtz and a special guest star as they guide Jim Darkmagic, Binwin Bronzebottom, Omin Dran and the newest intern through an unscripted Dungeons & Dragons adventure before a live audience.

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/acquisitions-incorporated-live-dd-game-dragons-over-easy

They usually stream it live, then it appears on Youtube a few days later.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
PAX East 2014 - Live D&D Game available to watch now (added to first post).

It's a bit more toned down for PAX East, I imagine all the outfits and extravagance will appear in this years PAX Prime game. Still a great watch though :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Following on from my earlier comment - this is nothing like the average game of D&D you see online. There is some real comedy gold here. The guy who plays Jim Darkmagic is far and away the funniest guy on the table - had me in stitches.

I had completely the wrong idea about these podcasts - they're well worth a watch :D

Not sure why everyone kisses the DM's backside, though - he seems like a good DM, but far from the best I've ever played with (although I appreciate all the 'he created the game' stuff :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Yay, more converts :D

Can't wait for the PAX prime game.

I can't say i'm keen on the D&D Next rules and gameplay though, it doesn't seem half as fun as 4th Edition. The encounters seem much less reliant on dice rolls and more about what's good for the story with Next, combat just doesn't feel as tight.

Soldato
Yay, more converts :D

Can't wait for the PAX prime game.

I can't say i'm keen on the D&D Next rules and gameplay though, it doesn't seem half as fun as 4th Edition. The encounters seem much less reliant on dice rolls and more about what's good for the story with Next, combat just doesn't feel as tight.
Perhaps there should be a seperate thread for D&D edition discussions - it seems to cause a lot of arguments :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Live D&D with Acquisitions Inc. - Five Heads are Better than None - 30th Aug 2014 20:00-22:00

After PAX East, our heroes were in quite a predicament.

Two green dragons had a clutch of bronze dragon eggs in their, uh, clutches. Their plan was to raise the bronze wyrmlings as their own young, spoiling them rotten and twisting them to evil. And they would’ve succeeded too, had it not been for those meddling adventurers! Join DM Chris Perkins, Gabe (Mike Krahulik), Tycho (Jerry Holkins), Scott Kurtz and Morgan Webb for the finale of this Tyranny of Dragons adventure! Watch the glorious, bloody, final act of the party’s exploits in the ruins of Dragonspear Castle, and see what other surprises the Queen of Dragons has in store for everybody’s favorite quasi-heroes as Evil tries to take a bite out of the battle-hardened all-stars and interns of Acquisitions Incorporated. Okay, so it’s not exactly Game of Thrones, but hey, it’s cheaper than a baseball game.

Seattle is -8hrs, so 20:00-22:00 (30th Aug 2014) = 04:00-06:00 (31st Aug 2014) in the UK. There will be a live stream if you fancy staying up / waking up early to watch. Or about a week or so after it'll appear on Youtube for more convenient viewing! :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
PAX East Live Game 2015 is now available to watch on Twitch RIGHT HERE.

Our entrepreneurial heroes look forward to some much needed R&R in Baldur’s Gate after having rescued four bronze dragon eggs from a nefarious green dragon duo. Brace for impact as Jim Darkmagic (Mike Krahulik), Omin Dran (Jerry Holkins), Binwin Bronzebottom (Scott Kurtz), and Viari (Patrick Rothfuss) team up with Dungeon Master Chris Perkins to defend the honor of Acquisitions Inc’s newest chapter house against the rise of Elemental Evil.

Back
Top Bottom