People keep parking in front of my drive, what can you do?

Soldato
Get a neighbour on side and park them in, I mean <1mm each end of the offending car.

It's 100% leagal and it works, so long as you keep their car pinned down long enough. Have used that method here, and it worked for some friends over in Kendal.

Permabanned
iirc he can park there if its not a private road...if its owned by the council by rights you cant do anything but ask him politly to move whilst you go out....:) i have a neighbour whos VERY childish indeed...(private road) he Fs and blinds at people who park outside his house....aulful neighbour!

Associate
Actually, you can request that the council paint white lines across the front of your driveway. We had a problem whereby our neighbour was doing this all the time and the one time when we needed to get out, we couldn't because he was out and blocking the driveway.

The council painted a white |-----------------| (best way to describe it) across the front of the drive way along the kerbside. If anybody does obstruct this, then legally you can receive a parking fine. (What we were told).
I used to work at a small business based in a residential street who had a lot of problems with a nasty neighbour that always blocked access to the company. The council eventually painted a white line (as you describe) but as it wasn't very wide, the 'lovely' neighbour always reversed his two pick up trucks either side so the rear would overhang into the white line - he was careful not to put his wheels on it though.
As the road was effectively a single track (as cars were parked on each side) it made it impossible to get out without some assistance - 4-5 point manoevers wern't unusual.
It's a shame when it gets to a petty stage like this.

Associate
You'd pay somebody to key the car?

You incapable of this crime yourself or something? :p

I wanted to give some asbo a job and a sense of purpose... whilst making me feel like some Mafia Boss sending the lowlifes to do hits ;)

Next up would be his tires... if he still does not move it his windows!

Still thinks he is the big man blocking me in? I would simply send them to take the car and torch it :D

Soldato
some people are so ignorant that they could be parking there without realising its blocking him in out

'you do realise you block my drive, dont you?'

Permabanned
I had an Incident outside my house yesterday concerning two workmen's vans blocking my drive :( I had to go out in five mins.
I told them to move them or i Ram then, they laughed & said go on then if you want to damage your motor. I said come here & showed them the Beast. :cool:

Did you show them your keyboard?

Soldato
Subxero i've heard the same, although i suspect it depends on the council as to when/where they will paint the lines.

*We're one of 5 houses that share a turning, we technically own half of it, with the other 4 owning an 8th each (opposite ours) with it being for access to each houses off road parking - the end house kept blocking our garage + driveway and it took several solicitors letters to get the message across (after asking politely resulted in him taking the mick - telling his builders it was fine to park a mini digger in front of our car over night).

That's a shame really, at that point you know people are just taking the biscuit. All I can say is ring your local council to see what they say. Ours didn't cost anything, although it did take them a while to come round and do it; about six months actually iirc.

You could ask anyway, no harm and all :)

Back
Top Bottom