Personal Log to losing weight

Soldato
Was 150 yds from OCUK - now 0.5 mile; they moved
Hi guys.

I have decided to use this as a personal log for my food/drink intake this year.
I will not post new posts, but will edit the original post so it doesn't come across as spaming.

I am currently 17 stone 11lb. 5ft 11 and rather overweight!
My dad is getting married in July and I'm the best man, this is my reasoning to lose it. My dad is 62 and weighs about 11.5 stone and is the same height as me. He does a manual job (Car mechanic) and is on his feet all day, myself I'm sat on my arse in front of a PC or driving to customers for meetings, which involves being sat on my arse too.

Anyway yesterday was my first healthy start day. Tomorrow is my first day back at work too, and from then I will use my exercise bike during my lunch break for 40mins each day (unless visiting customers) as I work from home)

Week 1 AVERAGE OF 1707 CALS PER DAY
2nd Jan
Brekkie: Nothing as I didn't wake till lunch time (didn't go to bed till 5am)
Lunch: Cheese and Broccoli pasta box, Apple and Blackcurrent Jelly Pot, Can sugar free monster (11 cals per can)
Dinner: Wholegrain Pasta, baby spinach, cherry tomatos, onion, broccoli, grilled chicken breast strips. Home made mint, lime and natural yohurt sauce. Water (Image1)
Supper: Tinned Salmon Sandwich
Other Drinks throughout the day: Water
Cals: 1561

3rd Jan
Brekkie: Porridge with 1 teaspoon of honey. Costa Latte Tassimo
Lunch: Chicken tikka in pitta, bottle of water (I know the bread isnt that good, but I know I'm having a really healthy dinner tonight)
Afternoon Snack: Miller Light Latte Yogurt
Dinner: 200g of venision steak (very low fat and high in protein), runner beans, broccoli, baby spinach, new potatoes (all veg steamed), bottle of water Image1 Image 2
Snack: Fruit smoothie made in my nutribullet (1/3 banana, 4 grapes, 1 x strawberry, 8 blueberries, 1/3 apple, 1 tangerine, 5 x raspberries and ice) Image1
Cals: 1461

4th Jan
Brekkie: Caramel Porridge. Orange Juice
Lunch: Broccoli and Stilton Soup (only managed three quarters of it) and 1 piece of white bread, bottle of water Image1
Afternoon snack: Orange jelly pot, sugar/calaroie free monster.
Dinner: Pheasant Breast, Mashed Potato with Low fat Phili, Green Beans. Image 1
After dinner snack: Special K, blueberry biscuit (99cals)
exercise bike: 490 KiloJoules burnt in 30mins Image1
Cals eaten: 1614

5th Jan
Brekkie: 2 boiled eggs and 2 toast, Costa Latte Tassimo
Lunch: BBQ Beef Deli box Noddles, Special K blueberry biscuit.
Afternoon snack: Strawberry Jelly Pot
Dinner: Beef steak, fat trimmed off, then cut into slices and fried with beansprouts, ginger, garlic, bit of chilli and soy sauce. And Muller Yogurt PotImage1
Other: can of sugar and calorie free monster
Exercise bike: 533 Kilojoules burnt in 30mins Image1
Cals eaten: 1285

6th Jan
Brekkie: 2 boiled eggs and 2 white bread toast, lightly buttered Image1. Costa Latte Tassimo
Lunch: Beef steak, fat trimmed off, then cut into slices and fried with beansprouts, ginger, garlic, bit of chilli and soy sauce.
Dinner: Chinese resturant aprox 2500 cals, one vodka and lemonade (I'd normally have a couple of bottle of lager with this - so thats a good change)
Total cals eaten aprox: 3200

7th Jan
Lunch: Naked noddle Thai Sweet Chilli pot
Snacks: Special K blueberry biscuit, skinny latte muller yogurt
Dinner: 2 small Salmon Fillets (240gram total) with BBQ glaze, 5 new potatoes, brussell sprouts, green beans, remaing beansprouts (small amount left)
Supper: Fish Finger sandwich
Cals: 1624

8th Jan
Lunch: 6 x Ryvita Salt and Pepper Flat Breads with Med Herb Phili Spread
Afternoon snack: Skinny Cappacuino Muller Yogurt
Dinner: Chicken breast fillet with herbs and garlic(cooked in slow cooker) with gravy. Mashed potatoes, sprouts, green beans, broccoli.
Supper: 2 Toast with Herb Phili spread.
Total cals taken: 1205

Week 2 AVERAGE OF 1409 CALS PER DAY
9th Jan
Brekkie: Quaker Oats Golden Syrup Pot, Costa Latte Tassimo Drink
Lunch: Uncle Bens Chilli Con Carnie and Rice Pot
Afternoon snack after exercise: 2 x Ryvita Thins (25 cals each)
Dinner: 2 x chicken kievs, Jacket potato with some butter. Lettuce/Beetroot and Cucumber Side Salad with Mango Salad Dressing Sauce Image1
Exercise bike: 40mins and 690 Kilojoules used - Image1
Total cals taken: 1676

10th Jan
Brekkie: Quaker Oats Golden Syrup Porridge Pot
Morning Snack: Muller Skinny Cappucino Yogurt
Lunch: Poached Eggs on Toast (2)
Dinner: Chicken Cassorole (cooked in slow cooker) (chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, carrots, new potatoes, chicken stock, 1 small tin of tom paste, garlic, mixed herbs, flour, water. And a large bread roll. Image 1 and a can of sugar free monster.
Evening Snak: 3 x Ryvita Thins.
Taken cals: 1604

11th Jan
Brekkie: Quaker Oats Golden Syrup Porridge Pot
Lunch: Starbucks large vanilla latte and beef and cheese baguette from starbucks
Dinner: 2 Large Bread Rolls with butter and half a Roasted Chicken breast cut into slices on the rolls. Can of ultra Monster.
Snack: Apple
Cals Taken: 1598

12th Jan
Brekkie: "Heaps of Fruit" Quaker Oats Porridge Pot
Lunch: Home Made Chicken Cassorole and one large bread roll
Diner:King Prawns fried in Olive oil, then a jar of Rogan Josh sauce and half a bag of Uncle Bens Egg Fried Rice. Can of ultra monster (calorie and sugar free)
Evening snack: muller skinny cappucino yogurt
Execrise: 30 mins on bike, burning 480 KJ. (115 cals)
Cals taken: 1524

13th Jan
Brekkie: Apple and Porridge Pot
Lunch: Cheese and Gammon-Ham Sandwich, and can of ultra monster
Dinner: Toby Carvery Roast Ham/Pork (I enetered exactly the items I had - roast spuds x 3, sprouts 50g, runner beans x 40g, gravy 100ml, gammon-ham, roast pork, yourkshire pud) and a quarter of a millionaire shortbread pudding. 1 lemonade (no beer)
Taken cals: 2,394

14th Jan
Brekkie: Porridge Pot Vanilla
Lunch: 2 x Sausage rolls
Dinner: 2 Medium Jacket Potato with weight watchers cheese and small amount of low fat butter
Snack: Special K strawberry busicuit, 2 x Ryvita Thin Bread - black pepper, an apple.
Taken cals: 1542

14th Jan
Brekkie: 2 boiled eggs
Lunch: 200g of lean vension, rocket, tomato, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, breansprout and shiitake mushrooms. Salad had a sprinkling of lemon, lime and herb sauce. I actually really enjoyed this lunch.
Dinner: Chicken, and 3 new potatoes, sprouts, broccoli, carrots.
Supper: 1 toast with cheese
Calories: 1207

Week 3 AVERAGE OF 1627 CALS PER DAY
16th Jan
Brekkie: Porridge Pot with Syrup
Lunch: Homemade Sandwich with Ham, Lettuce, Cucumber and Beetroot.
Dinner: Chicken Breast with Paprika. Sprouts, Broccoli, Carrots, New Potatos,
Calories Taken: 1386

17th Jan
Brekkie: Porridge Pot with Syrup
Lunch: Homemade Sandwich with Ham, Lettuce, Cucumber and Beetroot.
Dinner: 9" Pizza with 2 x Chicken goujons (bad day, but cannot always be good), pint of diet lemonade
Cals Taken: aprox 1950

18th Jan
Brekkie: Summer Berry Porridge Pot
Lunch: Scrambled eggs and Shiitake Mushrooms
Dinner: Venison, 2 New Potatos, Wild Rocket, Cucumber, Beansprouts, Green Beans.
Snak: Yogurt Muller
Exercise Bike: 650KJ burnt
Taken Calories: 1223

19th Jan
Brekkie: Porridge with Syrup
Lunch: Prawn Salad from M&S, and a chicken breast.
Dinner: Sapg bol with wholegrain spaghetti and lean mince
Snacks: 1 very small pancake, apple,1 can of ultra monster
Taken cals: 1572

20th Jan
Brekkie: Porridge with Apple
Lunch: Salmon Sandwich on White bread
Dinner: Burger and sweet potato fried from Revolution Bar, and 2 x vodka redbulls and a bottle of corona. 2 x vodka and diet lemonades.
Exercise: 862 KJ burnt on bike
Take cals: 2220

21st Jan
Brekkie: Porridge
Lunch: Greggs sausage roll and a steak bake
Dinner: Steak and Dauphinoise potatoes
Taken cals: 1394

22nd Jan
Brekkie: Porridge
Lunch: Sunday Roast with beef and potatoes and many veg.
Dinner/Snack: 2 x Weightwatchers cheese on toast
Taken cals: 1650

Week 4 AVERAGE OF x CALS PER DAY
23nd Jan
Brekkie: Porridge with golden syrup
Lunch: 2 x home baked Sausage rolls
Dinner: Chicken breast with a garlic rub with green beans, carrots, broccoli mashed potato and butter. Gravy
Snacks: Apple, Orange
Exercise: 680 KJ on the bike
Taken cals: 1290

24th Jan
Brekkie: Strawberry Jam Porridge & Smoked Haddock Fillet
Lunch: 2 Musclefood.com Lean burgers (no bread) and mushrooms (all grilled, not fried)
Dinner:
Exercise Bike: 520 KJ burnt

Last edited:
Good luck with it
icon14.gif

Good luck.

Weigh yourself naked, first think in the morning, after doing a bathroom trip. It will give you consistent results.

Pictures NOT required!!

I did go shopping yesterday for good foods.

Bought the following:
Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas.
Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions
Limes and Lemons
Potatoes, Carrots, Sprouts, Broccoli, runner beans
Fresh Mint, fresh parsley, fresh corriander
Soy Sauce
Chicken Fillets
Venision - any recommendations on what to accompany vension? I bought it due to very low fat and high protein count - I'm also using some weights I have to exercise with too, hence the high protein meats
Natural Yogurt
Cracker Bread and low fat phili.
Porridge

I'm going to allow one day per week for a cheat day (only 1 meal of bad stuff on the day though). If you don't you crave things and that's when it goes to crap. Will be Fridays or Saturday only. For example this Friday I'm going to a chinese restaurant with some friends so I will eat well then for sure. But I plan to do extra exercise during the day or the day after to compensate.

Last edited:
Thanks. I try to lose it every year, and do ok for a few months but get fed up and go back to my old ways. This year I have a reason and a target for 7 months in (july) My aim is 14.5 stone by July. Tough but possible I hope.

I did it last year as I was getting married, I tried a few things but what I found easiest was to just reduce the carbs and bulk up on veg. So instead of having a plate full of meat and potato/pasta etc with some veg on the side, I'd have a similar amount of meat, a few chips or 1 potato and loads of green veg.

It might not have been the best way to lose a lot of weight, but I found it easiest to stick to - which I think is a good way to think of it in terms of what can you stick to without feeling like you're missing out on food.

Good on you mate.

However, a reduction in calories with an increase in exercise might not work as you'll not have the energy for it.

So how about a slight reduction to say somewhere in the region of 1750-2000 calories and up the exercise - it's what will make the biggest difference. That and eating good food rather than anything processed etc.

Whilst not quite as big as you, I'm about the same height and 13.5 stone. I want that to be 12.5 stone. So I've canned the booze for January (and maybe Feb) and will up the exercise.

That reminds me - best look to join a gym!

Good luck :) I managed to lose 1.5 stone in the last 6 months of 2016, but put a bit back on over Christmas :o

Take pictures of yourself (just for yourself) to look back on when you hit your target. It will help to keep you motivated to keep the weight off.

I'm slightly taller than you and a similar weight and looking to lose more this year (down from 20st 2 years ago) so will be keeping a keen eye on how you get on with this.

Good luck to you and keep us updated!

Good luck :) I managed to lose 1.5 stone in the last 6 months of 2016, but put a bit back on over Christmas :o

Take pictures of yourself (just for yourself) to look back on when you hit your target. It will help to keep you motivated to keep the weight off.

Well I had a NYE party and there are photos and videos of me from that and after looking back at the pics I think "god, I'm so fat" This is motivation.

Good luck mate.

I noticed you've put Aprox cals: 1550 on 2nd Jan. Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat then add the accurate calories into an app (myfitnesspal) as you could be overestimating your calories :)

Put that last picture on the fridge for motivation! I deliberately started my diet just before Christmas, just to see if I could.
I'm seeing it as a lifestyle change though, not for a specific event.
Good luck!

Good luck mate.

I noticed you've put Aprox cals: 1550 on 2nd Jan. Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat then add the accurate calories into an app (myfitnesspal) as you could be overestimating your calories :)

I do use myfitnesspal and the wife did weigh the ingredients in yesterdays meal. It was actually 1561 cals exactly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom