PES 2015

Associate
I'm loving PES, it feels like I'm playing a football game more than the FIFA demo does (if that makes sense). This looks more realistic than the cartoony FIFA does too, imo. Can't seem to keep my shots hard and low though, any tips ?

i'm new to PES 15 but i'm pressing the following (Fifa controls Type-2)

i press r1 and O, was displayed in the tips when loading a game.

holding X and R2 helps defending, (Fifa X R1)

like to know more about controls, menu system really poor and i'm trying to work things out for myself.

AK22 list of controls somewhere?

Soldato
OP
i'm new to PES 15 but i'm pressing the following (Fifa controls Type-2)

i press r1 and O, was displayed in the tips when loading a game.

holding X and R2 helps defending, (Fifa X R1)

like to know more about controls, menu system really poor and i'm trying to work things out for myself.

AK22 list of controls somewhere?

I think squad is pressure if thats what your looking for? I will check next time im on the PS4.

Edit: You can change the controls in select sides screen press squad, also see controls/skills on Command list in the pause menu

Last edited:
Associate
Downloaded the demo last night and played a few matches (swapping between fifa demo in between to compare the two) had to relearn the "pes way" it's been so long since I've played them, you have to be more patient and measured in the build up rather than constant attacking like in fifa running down the wing crossing with ease then winning the ball back easily. The only thing that I wasn't sure about was the graphic style used, fifa looks more crisp, cleaner, richer in colour in comparison

Soldato
I think pro evo is finally back to its best. Loved the demo and the player likeness is pretty dam good to as well. Just such a shame about the licenses

The licences will always be an issue for a lot of people - although spending days upon days editing the teams and players (London FC -> Chelsea FC) was strangely satisfying! :D

I have to say I liked the initial feel of the demo but there were one or two glaring collision detection issues where the AI seemed to "ghost" through a ruck of my players!?!?

Likeness-wise I'd say it's not a patch on FIFA - scored a goal with Ronaldo and hes wide-open-mouth celebration just looked weird!!!! :p

Soldato
OP
I thought the graphics are the much better the textures & colours are great, Fifa looked bit saturated... I wish they would release more information for this game

Bx_U_A1_GCUAAg7eo.jpg

Dredd you were asking if Champions league is official this year, looks like judging by this picture :)

Last edited:
Associate
Game play seemed much nicer and slower but the grapics seemed a bit back dated. Also, not sure if it was me but the players seemed rather stocky/chubby?

For me game play is everything in a football game, this game is way better gameplay wise. Shows in the amount of hours i've spent enjoying it.

Starting to like the controls and skill moves. Scored some great goal using them :)

But they need to release more information about this game.

Associate
Konami have already made it clear myClub will be the PES equivalent of FIFA’s Ultimate Team. Of course they want to improve on EA’s already successful formula. The main difference from the early details being released is myClub will include managers and agents. This will add to the extent in which you can alter your team’s performance via tactics and will give you more realistic transfer options.

The agent factor will mean when signing players it has to go through an agent. The level of agent you have will determine the quality of player you’ll be able to sign.

More significant however, is the manager element. This provides greater control over your team’s style as well as increase realism. Therefore your team will only be able to play (well) to match with your manager’s skillset. For example, you won’t be playing Barcelona passing football with Tony Pulis at the helm and conversely a Sir Alex Ferguson type manager won’t be playing defensively!

Adam Bhatti, the PES European Product Manager, had the following to say regarding the manager element,
Should you have players that don’t work for the style of manager you have then you have two choices. Either you can adapt the players you have to play in a different way, which is a slow process but you can do it, or you can bring in new players. Players that understand their roles better means you have a richer understanding between them. That goes on to affect how effectively they perform on the pitch. We want to allow people to build the kind of team they want to use, but in a way that doesn’t force them to hit the transfer market and bring in a whole load of new players each time.

Caporegime
Just played both the FIFA 15 and PES 2015 demos and I enjoyed PES much more.

Graphics and sound-wise FIFA clearly has the edge on overall presentation... it's about as close to watching and hearing a live TV football match as you're going to get as everything is so familiar, especially the commentators. Very atmospheric. However, despite the lack of commentary, PES still looks decent enough.

Gameplay and controls with PES feel more manual, more skilful, with less automation. Basically I felt much more in control of what I was doing, and even scored a decent goal (though I still lost 1-3). FIFA kind of bored me and I didn't feel as in control.

Will be interesting to see the final product. :)

Associate
Just played both the FIFA 15 and PES 2015 demos and I enjoyed PES much more.

Graphics and sound-wise FIFA clearly has the edge on overall presentation... it's about as close to watching and hearing a live TV football match as you're going to get as everything is so familiar, especially the commentators. Very atmospheric. However, despite the lack of commentary, PES still looks decent enough.

Gameplay and controls with PES feel more manual, more skilful, with less automation. Basically I felt much more in control of what I was doing, and even scored a decent goal (though I still lost 1-3). FIFA kind of bored me and I didn't feel as in control.

Will be interesting to see the final product. :)

How i see it, now 80% sure i'm getting this over Fifa 15 now.

need more informations about the final product game modes so on

My last match I had kroos and Rodríguez on red Ronaldo is great fun to use.

i find Ribery a great player to use

Last edited:
Soldato
What's this "Special button" or whatever it's called ? I use R1 for it but when is it best to use it ? I tried to hold it down and twist the right stick for a spin type move and did nothing :D:(

All help welcome.

Soldato
OP
Right stick is for skills, pause the game and check command list for skills moves I'm awful at them. Nice easy skill to use is "fake shot" shoot then press pass button immediately afterwards

Associate
Right stick is for skills, pause the game and check command list for skills moves I'm awful at them. Nice easy skill to use is "fake shot" shoot then press pass button immediately afterwards

Thanks, must have missed that. i like pressing R3 in a few times, scored some great goals :)

Associate
Well after being in the fifa camp for the last 5-10 years I'm definitely going back to pes, fifa has become a empty experience the last couple of years and I think they might start to get complacent now they have the ultimate team cash cow to sit on. The build up play in pes is a lot more rewarding you feel that you are more involved and working to make openings and I love all the tactical options available especially the fluid formation. I do prefer the graphical style of fifa and the sound and commentary will be better and there's all the stadiums and licences but the gameplay in pes outweighs them all

Soldato
I have to agree with the above. After not liking any pro evo since 6 this game feels very solid and fluid. I have yet to see any dumb mistake from the Ai or gk, which happens almost every game in fifa.

Also a quick question, is there going to be some sort of pro clubs mode for pro evo?

Back
Top Bottom