PES5 Master League Help

Soldato
In PES5 Master League I'm now in my 2nd season. At the end of the 1st season I had just enough funds to cover the salary, about 9100. This has left me with approx 300 points left at the start of the 2nd season.

Now, every time I progress through the weeks I get a note saying that my salary exceeds my funds available. I'm down to the barebones of a squad and this season is now going to be a struggle. How do I raise funds (besides selling players) so that I can cover my sales and hopefully buy some better quality players?

Cheers,

Soldato
Yeah don't worry about it, that message will keep appearing till you break even. You should have enough funds by the end of the next-season, if you don't mess up badly! Cup match wins/Top scorer/Top Assist will get you a couple more k's extra :)

As for buying players, well try to get players on a free. Check the 'others' or 'extra' (iirc) section for freebies.

Soldato
Basically what sinister_stu said - you have to keep winning - If you make sure you dont lose any games then the 2nd division league remains pretty tight and you can sometimes sneak into the first division if you scrape enough wins.. I sometimes play 5 minute games where i win 1-0 or at least draw so that games are tighter - also that way the seasons in the 2nd division go by quicker.

In the mid season break look at the new comers for free additions to your squad. Use Neogtiaitons > Search > quick search > future potential search to see who will become great in the future... In the end of season transfer window look at the players released by their clubs in the 'non affiliated' section - often players like n'zogbia, Essien, Fowler are found here so you can get them and build up their stats..

Also list as many of your players in the transfer windows as it allows - you should get a few bids for one or two of them which will be under their worth but its better than nothing as the default players should be replaced as quickly as possible..

Finally retain possession as much as possible in the matches and be patient, pass the ball around to make space, use 1 - 2s to break open the defence etc.. Also try to stay in the cup as long as poss as this gives you a few extra points... as soon as you hit the top division you'l have transfer points coming out of your ears...!

Soldato
OP
Many thanks for the advice. I only seem to be winning 1-0 or 2-1 if I'm lucky but I am getting better. Master League is so much different to Exhibition. I normally rely on pace to get past players but it's near impossible to do this in Master League. How do you skin players?

How do you lot score goals with the default squad? They're pretty poor to be honest!

Soldato
With the default squad its just about luck to be honest. If you get a goal, just defend for the rest of the match :p

To get past players I use the shot feint trick most of the time.

Quickly press square followed by X

OR

Quickly press circle followed by X

Good luck :)

Soldato
If you're really struggling for points then simply wait till the end of the normal season, drop the difficulty down to 1 star, then choose the easiest teams to play in the available friendlies. Make sure you beat each team 4 or 5 nil for decent points. Then just before the start of the next season put the difficulty back up to 5 star or whatever it was on.

Soldato
I try to aim for an upgrade up front (get someone quick) and flog a few people at the first transfer window. At the end of the first season i dont renew any contracts unless they are in my first 11, generally bring my squad right down to the minimum amount of players allowed and then save the game. This lets you be a bit more frivolous on wages for new players. Look for cheapies and freebies, getting a good attacking midfielder is always my first priority at this point followed by a second decent striker. If you end up missing out / spending too much on players just reload your save from before you started the transfers.

Soldato
Just started a new 6* master league last night as this thread got me in the mood. I told you a slight porky in my previous post. At the first transfer window i dont sell people, i release anyone who isn't in the first team who will get me a decent amount of points, dont get rid of anyone that will cost you to do so. I generally get rid of about 5 or so players which drops the total salary amount significantly.

Soldato
I generally do a 4-4-2 Diamond and push the wingers out further then do the auto player select thing that changes your team based on the positions you have. I guess most of the standard formations should be ok though.

I've been playing mostly online and hadnt even tried above 3 stars on PES5 but thought i'd give 6 a bash. Seems that all the online play has improved my play somewhat. Just missed promotion on the first season due to a draw in the final game instead of a win. I released about 5 or 6 players in the first window which reduced my salary to just over 6000 and bought a striker. At the end of the season i bought another new striker, 2 side midfielders and an attacking midfielder but traded one of my players for each of them. Salary is up to 7k now but should be able to get that by 3/4 of the way through the season.

Soldato
OP
Well well well... either I'm improving or the teams are getting worse.

Just completed my 2nd season in Master League now and I've been promoted by finishing 2nd by 3 points. I won the league cup and I've now got a bit of points to play with.

Anyone got any recommendations for players? Last season I bought Stuart Downing (awesome free kicks / crossing and is getting better) and Rommedahl (scored winner in cup final). I've just bought Martins and he's so quick it's unreal. I played my first friendly and Martins bagged two goals. I've also bought Rosicky, not played him yet but his stats are good and he's relatively young.

My squad is quite thin and I had a few players who needed contract renewals so I renewed them, some agreeing to lower wages. I've now got a bit of cash to spend now, shall I save it or splash out on new players?

I've noticed the old team players like Lineker and Waddle etc come up in the search when finding players to sign. Is this because I've unlocked the classic teams?

Soldato
6* is easier than 3 :p

on 3 your team can't actually play football.

For the OP.

To get an awesome keeper for ~300/year and on a free get Kim U Don. He's 17 and absolutely awesome. (Although slightly inconsistant). He's my second keeper.

Recommended players:
MF: Sneijder (Dutch two footed player who bangs 'em in from everywhere.)
CF: Martins(obviously. Can get past anyone and can't be caught. Very fun to destroy your mates completely with him going from full back position to scoring :D).
I've found Alan Smith is actually awesome on this game for some reason despite his average stats.

Best keeper on game: Landreau. (Incredibly consisted, all special abilities needed and top stats with room to improve).
Toure is really good on it, as is Hleb.
I really like Djourou, Hargreaves and Ribery as despite their not-so-good stats they do their jobs well.

Awesome SB/CB: De jong

My team: (Not the best players on the game, but the most fun mix of players I've found. The polygon for the stats of the team is quite small, but they work together well. Surprises people when I batter them :D)

Goalkeepers:
*Landreau
Kim U Don

Defence:
*De Jong
Eboue
*Toure
Evra
*Perea

Midfield:
*Sneijder
*Djourou
Ribery
*Hargreaves
*Hleb
Alonso
*Rossicky
Wright-Phillips
Richardson

Forwards:
Walcott(Home made from stats on pesfan forums).
*Martins
*Alan Smith
Luque

* = starting eleven.

I have it 3-5-2 with hleb as RAMF and sneijder as LAMF, with hargreaves and djourou as very deep DMF's who stay right back and are essentially CB's but get to go forward also. I then alternate between Richardson, Ribery, SWP and Rossicky depending on the style of play I want to dominate with :p

Martins and smith are both CF's with martins to the left. I tried him as a winger but didn't get on with it so just have him to the far left of the area available for CF's instead so he goes inside the box properly.

The three defenders are all CB's, but I let them push forward now and then as they're covered by the two DMF's.

I put a lot of work into this squad :p

Lead_Head said:
I've noticed the old team players like Lineker and Waddle etc come up in the search when finding players to sign. Is this because I've unlocked the classic teams?
Yep.

Last edited:
Soldato
For the price you play for curent great players you may well be better off looking at the free youth players generated in the mid season transfer.. they'l still be available in the end of season transfer window for free for that season, after which you have to pay...

Since youre now in the top league you have loads more games to train players up - so long as a player is brought on by the 70th mionute of a 10 minute game they'l gain experience..

youth players:

DF
Bos
Bianchi
Benedetti
Gambino
Jean

MF
Bradley
Kaiser
Shimizu
Shaw
Espinosa

FW
Rozerio (will get mostly 99s by his peak)
Orlando
Orellano
Schwarz

Other good players: (non freebies!)

Akinfeev - one of the best keepers in the game
Viera - great keeper
Maldini (Regen after he retires... wil take a couple of years to train..)
Felipe - great side back
Mathieu - awesome central midfielder
Mascherano - awesome central midfielder
Tevez - awesome striker
Park chu young "
Bojinov "
Fabregas - awesome potential
Torres - awesome striker
Rooney "
C. Ronaldo awesome winger (not fond of him inr eal life though!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom