Petition to sack Chris Packham from BBC

Soldato
Remember when they said badgers needed to be culled..

Yeh that turned out great.

I wish we would stop ******* around with nature.

Nothing surprises me about UK farmers nowadays....the lot of them are absolute cretins.

Soldato
Farmers, the world's most adept professional complainers.

Can't help but notice potato prices have gone up. Ah yeah, lower yields, too wet you see.

Those prices are going up again. Ah yeah well that'll be all the sun, too dry you see.

Another price rise? What's up now? Erm......pigeons? YES! ******* PIGEONS DID IT! THAT'S THE TICKET!

I jest.....mostly.

Caporegime
Isn’t this about the licenses being used illegally and the whole point of the change was to figure out a better way, not whatsoever to do with banning it?

Bunch of murderous *****.

Soldato
Corvids are so intelligent. More. So than a dog I think. So they are very able to take advantage of the environment. But they are natural.
Looking after a jackdaw while I had him.. Nothing else like it. Couldn't really call him a pet he was too intelligent. Amazing birds are Corvids. Love them.

I love Corvids too, scarily smart!

Love the way the Crows seemed to set the whole thing up,

Goaded the cats into it,

And kept it going whenever the Cats seemed to want to back down.

Is deriving pleasure from watching other animals fight a true sign of intelkegence I wonder? I wonder if they were placing bets? "5000 Quatloos on the Black Cat!"

(I am also amazed at how Cats seem to defy Gravity and fly through the air in situations like this)

:p :D

Caporegime
I love Corvids too, scarily smart!

Love the way the Crows seemed to set the whole thing up,

Goaded the cats into it,

And kept it going whenever the Cats seemed to want to back down.

Is deriving pleasure from watching other animals fight a true sign of intelkegence I wonder? I wonder if they were placing bets? "5000 Quatloos on the Black Cat!"

(I am also amazed at how Cats seem to defy Gravity and fly through the air in situations like this)

:p :D

Cat are really vicious things. The only reason my cat doesn't eat me is because I am too big. He must have killed at least 100 birds/mice over his lifetime so far!

Commissario
I think this is a very well written piece explaining why this is a really dumb idea.

Although I am a firearms owner, I don’t hunt so it doesn’t affect me but I do understand the reason this general licence is in place and it concerns me that the corvids will no longer be controlled. We already have excessive numbers of magpies and crows in the country and they’re only going to increase. I appreciate the fact that magpies are attractive looking birds but they’re actually nasty, vicious creatures.

Soldato
I wonder how many people in this thread supporting this have cats?

You're probably more responsible for the wiping out British birds than any farmer but no one seems to care.

Maybe we should introduce a ban on cats?

Domestic cats kill between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds and between 6.9 and 20.7 billion mammals (mostly mice, shrews, rabbits, squirrels, and voles) each year, according to a study published last year in Nature Communications.

Soldato
Literally the next sentence after your quote. "Un-owned cats, as opposed to owned pets, cause the majority of this mortality."

Where do you think unowned cats come from, out of the ground?

No irresponsible cat owners that dont get their there pets neutered. Then when the cat runs away they start breeding like maniacs.

Soldato
Probably a combination of the birds comments, plus comments criticising new forest commoners (where he lives) and he's upset the hunt supporters also.

So doubt this is just about some pigeons. He's just getting on all the locals ****, and not the feathered kind.

Soldato
I wonder how many people in this thread supporting this have cats?

You're probably more responsible for the wiping out British birds than any farmer but no one seems to care.

Maybe we should introduce a ban on cats?
Ironicaly or not, didnt Packham call for a ban on domestic cats for the very reason you said aswell?

Back
Top Bottom