Petrol engine is so last year... (or saving the planet, fast!)

Soldato
One problem with electric cars is the noise! A lot of the experience of driving cars is the noise, and these don't really have any do they? :(

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Matt said:
One problem with electric cars is the noise! A lot of the experience of driving cars is the noise, and these don't really have any do they? :(

Funny you say that, there's someone with a Pruis in my nearest town (live in the sticks) and I nearly had my door taken off! As well as just checking my mirrors I also have a quick listen before opening my door into the road. Turns out there was something in the blind spot, just I couldn't hear it!

Soldato
Matt said:

Exactly!

I was following a lovely porsche carrera on friday after work with the top down, and the sound was amazing! The driver kept accelerating then backing off to tease me. :D

I don't care if an electric car is quicker than that, it will sound awful.

I can see driving in the futur being sooo boring with electric cars that just have a go and stop button.

Associate
The thing is with electric is the boundries are limitless. The motor technology is here already to provide the same sort of power as 1000bhp engines already.

IMO the best sounding engines are ferraris, they sound so raw and so explosive. I had the pleasure of tagging along with a f430 for nearly 30 miles on my way home. We came to a tunnel...i wound down my windows, he dropped down a few gears and blasted it! PHOAR!

I managed to give him a thumbs up before we parted ways :)

Associate
I think these Cars will take a while before average joe can buy one but it will be nice to see what they can do once there on the open market. Shame they wont make the noise's you would expect from any good sports car. But hey hook up a good sound system and take some sound samples from a good old sports car and you maybe able to kinda trick people for a couple of seconds before the track changes ...lol :D

Back
Top Bottom