petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
I filled up at Tesco yesterday. I'm guessing people who held off buying are now doing so with 10p price drops.

They were out of everything except for Momentum 99, but fortunately that is what I fill up with anyway.

Soldato
What rough area was this? Be interesting to see if it's localised with other posters in here.

Diesel will be a bigger problem than petrol given the huge volume of goods vehicles that use diesel as opposed to petrol being primarily cars/bikes.

Essex.

Man of Honour
What rough area was this? Be interesting to see if it's localised with other posters in here.

Diesel will be a bigger problem than petrol given the huge volume of goods vehicles that use diesel as opposed to petrol being primarily cars/bikes.

North London. Doesn’t help that our local depot has been blocked by about 40 unemployed terrorists.

Soldato
Last night no diesel to be had at sainsburys or morrisons and morrisons only had E5 it was out of E10. Heard on the radio this afternoon no diesel on some motorway near london? Didn't catch the details. Not sure whats going on.

Soldato
185.9p E5 in West London right now. On the services its just under 199p! Also lots are running out of HGV fuel now. 2 of the main M25 services are empty of HGV fuel apparently....someone must be topping their fleet of vehicles up constantly.....

Soldato
Our local filling station had a huge queue blocking the access road, saw it as I was passing on my morning walk, about 80% of people sat idling with their engines, why?
Looks like some diesel shortages are affecting certain parts of the country, but I guess then people also panic buy petrol as well.

Soldato
These ICE cars blocking up the roads again around petrol stations. Think of the children trying to get to school on time in clean vehicles :p:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
No diesel in my area, petrol is good though. The cheapest place in town has a queue but nowhere else. Shame you cant just stick cooking oil in modern diesels without killing them.

Man of Honour
According to my mrs all the supermarket petrol stations were closed around here this morning. She managed to find some super unleaded in the Esso around the corner for £LOL.
Bit of a change from yesterday when I filled up with petrol at Tesco no problem.

Soldato
I'd love to have access to live sales data from supermarkets to see if everyone is doing a run on sunflower oil now! The local Costco petrol station is showing as "busier than usual" too, so hoping this isn't the start of another panic run on fuel. I'll be smug in my EV but can cause issues for my girlfriend and family etc.

Back
Top Bottom