PG35VQ Opinions

Soldato
@chaparral you still enjoying this? I’ve decided my monitor will probably be this just waiting for it to be at an agreeable price.
Hi Nitefly

Yes am still really enjoying it but there no way i would say this monitor is worth £2350 and specially now with rumours of the 32" 4k HDMI 2.1 mini LEDs with 1140 FALD monitors and other 4K HDMI 2.1 monitors coming out

There also meant to be a 42" LG OLED coming out sometime

Only buy a PG35VQ if you know you can accept that it far from perfect due to the Blooming the FALD can cause ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL i just been playing some more you tube clips again comparing my OLED and PG35VQ against each other and it really is a case of some stuff looks better on the OLED and some stuff look better on the PG35VQ

The brightness of HDR 1000 really does make HDR stuff look amazing :D specially in a dark room ;)

The only problem is it really makes me not what to watch stuff that not in HDR anymore :p

Man of Honour
@chaparral cheers for the posts mate.

Would you say buy in at £1800 is worth it?

I’m not sure when the 1000 light version is coming out. The 43” and 32” version they demo’ed this year made no mention of the number of backlights.

Think im keen for a VA panel as the IPS I have is a bit rubbish for ‘dark games’.

Soldato
@chaparral

Would you say buy in at £1800 is worth it?
It really not that easy to answer :D

To me it was only worth it because there is absolutely nothing else available that interested me
so it was a choice of closing my eyes and biting my tongue hard while clicking the buy button or going for some cheaper crap monitor i didn't want ;)

You know that feeling as didn't you buy a 3090 :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It really not that easy to answer :D

To me it was only worth it because there is absolutely nothing else available that interested me
so it was a choice of closing my eyes and biting my tongue hard while clicking the buy button or going for some cheaper crap monitor i didn't want ;)

You know that feeling as didn't you buy a 3090 :D
Ha yes, if you are in a fortunate enough position where you can compromise on price (I.e. paying more) then I often feel that is the best compromise you can make as you ultimately get ‘the best’ and ‘what you wanted’ even if there are diminishing returns.

Monitors are tricky though as there are so many pros and cons.... buying a monitor is such a ridiculous ‘pick your poison’ exercise before you even get to build quality / manufacturing issues! :(

Soldato
@Nitefly So have you ordered one or do you think you will order one ?

Could do with some more owners of this monitor on here as there doesn't seem to be very many at all..

Would there be any shops in England that would have a demo one on display for you to look at ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@Nitefly So have you ordered one or do you think you will order one ?

Could do with some more owners of this monitor on here as there doesn't seem to be very many at all..

Would there be any shops in England that would have a demo one on display for you to look at ?
At £2300 or whatever it currently is it’s just way too much. It’s spicy / toe curling at £1800!

I was interested in the new ASUS 43” hdmi 2.1 4K monitor but even on my whopper 88cm desk I think I’ll still be too close to it....

... and the 32” one is IPS :(

Soldato
At £2300 or whatever it currently is it’s just way too much. It’s spicy / toe curling at £1800!

I was interested in the new ASUS 43” hdmi 2.1 4K monitor but even on my whopper 88cm desk I think I’ll still be too close to it....

... and the 32” one is IPS :(
You really are now making that £1800 sound like a bargain with what else you shown is available out there :D

How about a G9 or is that to big ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I love mine. But all depends what games you play tbh. If you just play FPS games don't get this monitor. Racing games or story based games then yeah go for it. Anything that'll make the most of the 1000HDR (its amazing)

£1800 is what i paid and would recommend to pay for it. Is it overall worth it.. hard to say really, I don't regret getting mine. Didn't want a G9 because of the size of it and didn't want a G7 because i wanted the 21:9.

So if you can comfortably afford the £1800 then go for it.

Permabanned
I love mine also. I can’t really add anything that hasn’t already been covered.

I paid top price for mine. It was between this and a 27”4K monitor and I’m glad I went for this.

The only thing I found was motion sickness playing fast paced FPS lol.

Man of Honour
What was the thoughts re: the black smearing?

I do tend to like my dark horror games, hence being interested in a VA panel.

Back
Top Bottom