PGR3 Patch & Update details

Soldato
Taken from http://www.xboxic.com/news/644#more-644

Update will possibly be 400mp's:

The new cars are:

* [DLC Ad] 1.) Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage (2006)
* 2.) Audi RS 4 (2006)
* 3.) Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (2006)
* 4.) Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe (2006)
* 5.) Ferrari 612 (2006)
* 6.) Lanborghini Gallardo SE (2005)
* 7.) Mitsubishi FQ 400 (2006)
* 8.) Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-Tune (2005)
* 9.) Pontiac GTO (2006)
* 10.) Radical SR8 (2006)
* 11.) Ruf RT12 (2006)
* 12.) Saleen S7 Twin Turbo (2006)

The new features of the free patch are:

* 1.) Quit to lobby functionality for host (in playtime)
* 2.) Lock to host car in playtime lobby
* 3.) Lock to host car class in playtime lobby
* 4.) Previously played routes list with save functionality for custom routes over live
* 5.) Show position of players option
* 6.) Hide HUD Option
* 7.) Manual gears in Race Against the Clock
* 8.) Show who’s speaking in online races
* 9.) Steering wheel support

I was hoping for another city to race in, but I suppose new cars isn't that bad, at least theres quite a few of them. Doubt I'll get it though as I never managed to get along with PGR3 mainly because the non existant damage model.

Soldato
looks quite a nice update. I was hoping the veyron might appear (unless its already in the game and i've just not found it yet)

I'd guess the chances of getting another city are pretty slim, as I'd imagine they'll just start working on the inevitable pgr4

Permabanned
Kainz said:
...I never managed to get along with PGR3 mainly because the non existant damage model.

How do you mean? Cars do show damage don't they? Do you mean it doesn't affect the car's handling and performance.

Soldato
OP
dirtydog said:
How do you mean? Cars do show damage don't they? Do you mean it doesn't affect the car's handling and performance.
Been so long since I played that I can't remember tbh. They do show a little damage from what I recall, as car manufacturers don't want their precious licensed cars damaged or something daft like that.

When I slam into a wall at 100mph I want to see my car with half the front smashed in. The game just feels like bumper car rally and feels 'artificial' which is why I could never play it. Full Auto/Burnout Revenge - now those I enjoyed, especially the former.

Associate
The damage does mess the steering up and it slows your car also. Of course, it all depends on which damage type you have selected in the first place. If you bash them around abit the cars look mangled to some degree by the end of the race.
I suppose there's only so far they can take it as people would get peed off not being able to race on after the inevitable first corner pile up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sutters said:
The damage does mess the steering up and it slows your car also. Of course, it all depends on which damage type you have selected in the first place.

It does? I wasn't aware the limited damage in PGR3 affected anything.

Soldato
the update is free the cars are not :p

But does that mean people with the cars can play against people with out em? as long as there aint a huge advantage in class B or something. And i really hope something challenges the F50 i hate that thing :mad:

Soldato
wyrdo said:
Why are we having to pay for this update?!

Errr, because of the dozen new cars perhaps? If you don't want to pay for it, don't buy it! The patch is free after all!

Why do people expect games companies to spend ages making extra content and not charge for it?

Soldato
Caustic said:
Errr, because of the dozen new cars perhaps? If you don't want to pay for it, don't buy it! The patch is free after all!

Why do people expect games companies to spend ages making extra content and not charge for it?

Calm down dear, it's only a question...

I didn't realise the patch and the content were separate thank you very much.

Soldato
Dont mind paying for that at all.

And for the record, you can smash your car up pretty badly in PGR3, but it in no way affects the performance.

Permabanned
Personally I hate driving games where damage *does* affect performance. Especially as you frequently get damage which isn't your fault, from other drivers bashing into you - yet you are the one who comes off worst. If damage is only cosmetic in PGR3 then I'd see that as a good thing.

Associate
Ok I must be thinking of another game, im sure it does it on live though, it's possible I could be thinking of Forza which I played a lot more of. :confused:

BTW I thought Forza was awesome, bought that and GT4 at the same time and after a few days never played GT4 again.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Personally I hate driving games where damage *does* affect performance. Especially as you frequently get damage which isn't your fault, from other drivers bashing into you - yet you are the one who comes off worst. If damage is only cosmetic in PGR3 then I'd see that as a good thing.

Gotta disagree, Ralisport Challenge 2 the damage affected the performance of the car and it was essential imho

Back
Top Bottom