*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
I fell in love with this case when I saw the unboxing/review on youtube, and I thought this could be a excellent case for me to begin watercooling, unfortunately I found that it doesn't have anywhere for a cd/rom drive

I would like to have a reservoir or a fan controller

so now im torn

Associate
I fell in love with this case when I saw the unboxing/review on youtube, and I thought this could be a excellent case for me to begin watercooling, unfortunately I found that it doesn't have anywhere for a cd/rom drive

so now im torn

I thought the same, but getting a USB External DVD-RW drive to be used on the rare occasion I need it, seems like a better idea than missing out on this beauty of a case.

I'm going with an internal mounted res....fan controller though...not sure where you would put that.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought the same, but getting a USB External DVD-RW drive to be used on the rare occasion I need it, seems like a better idea than missing out on this beauty of a case.

I'm going with an internal mounted res....fan controller though...not sure where you would put that.

It has the fan controller board, runs from a PWM header.

Associate
1) Guaranteed delivery date of 30/07/15 for the Evolv ATX guys, so you should all have them on the 31st providing theres no typhoons around the Felixstowe area between now and then :) I think that makes us the first place in the world with Evolv ATX stock for sale :)

2) We should make this a Phanteks Evolv owners thread, otherwise I can't join in with my Evolv M-ATX :(

Hopefully the steamer does not break a paddle in heavy seas, and they have enough coal on board :)

Associate

so now im torn

External DVD / Tube Res / use the fan controller in the case.

Associate
suppose your right francky, i think the last time i used my cd-drive was for installing GTA

with regards to the fan controller board, is that controlled by software or does it power all the fans and controls their speed automatically? (or set the speed)

Associate
OP
I stopped using optical drives, I have a portable blu-ray one now for anything that needs installed via disc.

@ Millky1 I added you to RoH seeing as you are the first one to post and image with your name :)

OcUK Staff
1) Guaranteed delivery date of 30/07/15 for the Evolv ATX guys, so you should all have them on the 31st providing theres no typhoons around the Felixstowe area between now and then :) I think that makes us the first place in the world with Evolv ATX stock for sale :)

Sorry guys, slight delay on the vessel so it's had to be rebooked for the 31/07/15 into us. Will get your preorders out on the 31st but as it's a Friday, expected delivery will be 3/8/15.

Associate
OP
Sorry guys, slight delay on the vessel so it's had to be rebooked for the 31/07/15 into us. Will get your preorders out on the 31st but as it's a Friday, expected delivery will be 3/8/15.

Well I'm back in Blighty on the 7th, its getting close to the point where my Mrs won't be upset with me having deliveries made when I'm nae at home ;)

Thanks for the info anyway.

OcUK Staff
Is this another Guaranteed date, or just another maybe Guaranteed date.

I'm sorry, I forgot I was entirely responsible for acts of bad weather causing a one day delay on vessels sailing from the other side of the world, my bad ;) Unless anything else completely out of my control happens, the stock will land on the 31st as planned.

Associate
I'm sorry, I forgot I was entirely responsible for acts of bad weather causing a one day delay on vessels sailing from the other side of the world, my bad ;) Unless anything else completely out of my control happens, the stock will land on the 31st as planned.

Not quite what you stated ( Stock is going to be landing with us around the 3rd July ) Then you stated a couple of ( Guarenteed ) dates.

Best just to stick with around the end of July which is what Phanteks said all along. Rather than disappoint customers.

Simplez as the Meercats say.

OcUK Staff
Not quite what you stated ( Stock is going to be landing with us around the 3rd July ) Then you stated a couple of ( Guarenteed ) dates.

Best just to stick with around the end of July which is what Phanteks said all along. Rather than disappoint customers.

Simplez as the Meercats say.

Well no, IF there hadn't been a delay in production we would have had stock around the 3rd July. Again, completely out of my hands and despite my best efforts, the delivery date was amended. At no point have I given you a date that has been incorrect due to things I can actually influence myself. I have absolutely zero reason to state inaccurate dates for delivery of an eagerly anticipated case due to the reason you mentioned above - disappointed customers. The fact is if there hadn't been any production delays we would have had stock over a month before anybody else did. As it stands we still have the first stock landing anywhere in Europe and the USA, and that's because I have pushed and pressured Phanteks into making sure we got the first stock of a case we are all very excited about.

Back
Top Bottom