*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Soldato
I've just ordered the gunmetal Evolve as it was on offer and I couldn't justify the additional cost of the X. But after ordering I've just realised the glass version has glass on both sides. Normally I prefer understated cases with no windows at all so glass on both sides will be quite a shock for me.

Has anyone got any suggestions for subtle lighting? or even something to line the inside glass with instead of major blingtastic lights? I'm not a massive light freak.

Pleasantly shocked OcUK managed to ship it within an hour of ordering. Quite impressive.

The Phanteks RGB strips are good, I've got one mounted in my mATX version.

Associate
Resurrecting an old thread, sorry.

Has anyone successfully fitted a 3rd 3.5 inch drive in the Evolv mATX case? If so, how did you do it? Not being able to put a 3rd drive in is a dealbreaker for me.

Soldato
Resurrecting an old thread, sorry.

Has anyone successfully fitted a 3rd 3.5 inch drive in the Evolv mATX case? If so, how did you do it? Not being able to put a 3rd drive in is a dealbreaker for me.

Just had a look at mine, there's probably enough room to lay a third drive at the bottom of the drive cage, you'd probably want to find some way to secure it there though.

Associate
Awesome news - I went and looked at some photos online and I think you might be right. Even if I couldn't get it in there I could perhaps replace the two disk chassis with a 3 disk one from somewhere. Given that an ATX power supply is 86mm tall and HDDs are max of 26.1mm I should be able to squeeze it in.

Thanks for the replies!

Soldato
IMG_20190223_203103.jpg

Back
Top Bottom