Phanteks Releases Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis

Soldato
Wish i never saw that video of the Luxe, thought i had decided to buy the pro. Now i am going to have to wait to see when the luxe comes out before i decide
Pro and Luxe will perform pretty much the same. Luxe has a few added features like more filters, lights, extra fan, ...

Associate
Well I managed to actually get it out of the box last night and get a few bits in it. First impressions are very good, it's slightly bigger than I was expecting somehow but it will just about fit on my desk :) It's very solid and well put together, tons of space in there, easy to take apart and some great cable management options.
The only slight negative so far is that one of the screw holes for the side panel hasn't been threaded properly so I can't get any of the screws more than a quarter turn into it. This means that screw doesn't clamp the top of the side panel tight so there's a bit of movement there that might rattle/vibrate a bit when running. Not a major problem though and easily solved with a little bit of rubber or something there to wedge it.
I'm at work at the moment so can't sort the photos out properly but I'll try and put a proper build log thread up when I get a chance.

Here's a quick shot of it with some of the bits that will be going inside it soon.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1oe3pajb6yekv09/AAD6jkucKCiNFxs1Mz6pVWW2a

Ross

Soldato
I also got one of these, build quality isn't as great as I was expecting but it's still a really nice case.

Left side panel has some sort of imperfection like a circle of dust under the paint about 3-4mm diameter.

The accessory box was loose inside the case (wedged itself against the top & rear fan), the wire tie had undone. It's obviously quite heavy with the extra screws + thick manual + reservoir bracket.

Great features, as expected. Fan filters in the right places, easily removable, font panel comes off easily and has decent retaining clips. Nice thick rubber feet for the PSU. Cable management is great.

The quick release brackets on the 5.25" bays are only on one side, and it doesn't really hold the drive that well but 1 screw and it's solid.

The 200mm fan makes a bad 'burring' noise even on lowest RPM (500), like it's off-centre, I've unplugged it because it's so annoying.

Brushed aluminium effect plastic looks good, the case also has great clearance underneath for the PSU intake so not a problem even on carpet.

Last edited:
Associate
I have to say I really like the look of this case. I have been pondering about upgrading my Cooler Master Haf X case (although to be honest there's no real need to) I just fancy a change. The trouble is I don't know if I could be totally bothered to swap everything over, plus the fact I bought this case as I know it'll fit a pair of 3 slot graphics cards with my motherboard.

Soldato
So I got me one of these today and I must say Im impressed.
I really didnt want a full tower but with the glowing reviews I went for it anyway and glad I did.

Very well made and designed.
Only complains are its ******* heavy, the stock fans are a bit on the loud side and the PWM controller didnt work. (Im certain thats my BIOS fault though, no matter what I done in the BIOS whilst connected to the PWM controller the fans just went full speed, had to connect to the mobo to get fan control).

Soldato
Soldato
I really didnt want a full tower but with the glowing reviews I went for it anyway and glad I did.

Only complains are its ******* heavy, the stock fans are a bit on the loud side and the PWM controller didnt work. (Im certain thats my BIOS fault though, no matter what I done in the BIOS whilst connected to the PWM controller the fans just went full speed, had to connect to the mobo to get fan control).

Did you connect the external SATA/molex power? That's why your fans are running at full speed.

Soldato
If you have a PWM signal - connect the SATA plug. If you're using CPU_OPT (no PWM) then it will run at full speed if you connect the SATA.
I found that the RPM doesn't go low enough even with the CPU header on minimum. Motherboard controller is so much more flexible.

I've got 2 HDDs and the case occasionally makes an awful resonating sound. I've put some small pieces of foam between the drive cage supports and the HDDs to help it.

Soldato

I assume PWM fan hub is connected to CPU fan header, a fan is connected to fan hub on fan header 1, and SATA is connected to PSU. ET6 should allow you to set PWM to as low as 10% and lower fan speed on hub to very slow. Mine does.

Back
Top Bottom