Phanteks T30 - The 120mm Fan to Beat in 2021

Soldato
Anyone know what size screws they come with? Want to use some with my MO-RA3 360 but it only takes M3 screws i think.
Each fan comes with 3 sets of screws:
4x self tapping screws for mounting to case panels
4x 36mm screws for mounting on radiators
4x 39mm screws for mounting with Halos on radiators
I've been playing with 3x T30s in my Evolv mATX build in daily use conditions. Not much but lower cooler intake air temp. Not a big difference in this application, but on a radiator I suspect difference to be more evident. 3x T30 definitely move more air than stock MP impeller case fans at same noise levels to my ears. My meter died, but from previous experience my ears notice a 3dB change in volume, but not 2dB. I'll have a new meter soon and add dB data.
phantkes-t30-in-evolv-matx-jpg.2523708

As soon as new meter arrives I will do some heavy (extreme) load stress test runs and post results

Soldato
Each fan comes with 3 sets of screws:
4x self tapping screws for mounting to case panels
4x 36mm screws for mounting on radiators
4x 39mm screws for mounting with Halos on radiators
I've been playing with 3x T30s in my Evolv mATX build in daily use conditions. Not much but lower cooler intake air temp. Not a big difference in this application, but on a radiator I suspect difference to be more evident. 3x T30 definitely move more air than stock MP impeller case fans at same noise levels to my ears. My meter died, but from previous experience my ears notice a 3dB change in volume, but not 2dB. I'll have a new meter soon and add dB data.
phantkes-t30-in-evolv-matx-jpg.2523708

As soon as new meter arrives I will do some heavy (extreme) load stress test runs and post results

Thanks for the info, i'm thinking of a set of 9 for the MO-RA3 but there's little data around at the minute apart from a few yt videos. Will be interesting to see what you get with your testing before i pull the trigger, it's a lot of money to throw at fans!

Soldato
Thanks for the info, i'm thinking of a set of 9 for the MO-RA3 but there's little data around at the minute apart from a few yt videos. Will be interesting to see what you get with your testing before i pull the trigger, it's a lot of money to throw at fans!

I'll let you know how I get on with mine.

Soldato
I'm quite impressed with T30, and considering how many fans I've used / tested over the years that's saying they are among the best if not very best. Using them as case fans is obviously not what they are designed to be doing. Evolv mATX's slotted space vent around front panel is not a big vent area, but the fact it has no grill / mesh means there is no restriction to airflow through it's area. I calculated the area once, but can't find that data now. What it comes down to is it's not as restrictive as many cases. Combine this with how very good Phanteks stock 140mm case fans with MP impeller perform with T30s doing a better job with almost no audible noise means they are very good. I'm rambling on now. :o

Will post more once I get them on a radiator. Might measure airflow by stacking a couple rads. Sure with I had a thick high-restriction radiator. I have some old CLCs that I can stack 2x and 3x thick for high restriction flow tests. I have Tecpel AVM-7140 hot wire anemometer which is more than accurate enough. :)

Soldato
I'm quite impressed with T30, and considering how many fans I've used / tested over the years that's saying they are among the best if not very best. Using them as case fans is obviously not what they are designed to be doing. Evolv mATX's slotted space vent around front panel is not a big vent area, but the fact it has no grill / mesh means there is no restriction to airflow through it's area. I calculated the area once, but can't find that data now. What it comes down to is it's not as restrictive as many cases. Combine this with how very good Phanteks stock 140mm case fans with MP impeller perform with T30s doing a better job with almost no audible noise means they are very good. I'm rambling on now. :o

Will post more once I get them on a radiator. Might measure airflow by stacking a couple rads. Sure with I had a thick high-restriction radiator. I have some old CLCs that I can stack 2x and 3x thick for high restriction flow tests. I have Tecpel AVM-7140 hot wire anemometer which is more than accurate enough. :)
Let me know to what extent you're going to be testing them too and your results. Be interested to know what you get.

Mine arrived today, will hopefully get them fitted over the next few days.

They look fantastic.

I'm ordering tomorrow, but maybe through a different vendor. Just waiting to see what price they come out with.

Been looking at them all last week and yesterday, very nearly hit the buy button but i can wait 1 more day.

Soldato
@Jay85 Point to note for fitting the t30's to your Mo-Ra, you'll need longer screws.

The ones that come with the fans are long enough but they are not the right thread. I've ordered some M3 x 35mm screws so will let you know how I get on.

Soldato
@Jay85 Point to note for fitting the t30's to your Mo-Ra, you'll need longer screws.

The ones that come with the fans are long enough but they are not the right thread. I've ordered some M3 x 35mm screws so will let you know how I get on.
Thanks man, one step ahead! Went ahead an ordered the M3 x 35mm screws earlier today as i was told the ones that came with the T30's are 6x32's

Keep us posted, i think i got some wait before mine arrive.

Last edited:
Soldato
9d3lHkB.jpeg

Its hard to say I'm extremely happy with the fans when they cost so much, however they really are the bees knees.

I've got them running at around 1500rpm and they are barely audible.

@Jay85

Last edited:
Soldato
9d3lHkB.jpeg

Its hard to say I'm extremely happy with the fans when they cost so much, however they really are the bees knees.

I've got them running at around 1500rpm and they are barely audible.
Damn they're gorgeous! Got mine coming today! Just got DPD confirmation! Just waiting on the screws to come as well and i can change them over tonight.

Much improvement in cooling performance?

Soldato
Damn they're gorgeous! Got mine coming today! Just got DPD confirmation! Just waiting on the screws to come as well and i can change them over tonight.

Much improvement in cooling performance?

Hard to say, they run quieter at a higher RPM so they will definitely be an improvement over the Vardars.

Let us know how you get on.

ps I think the Noctuas just arrived.

Soldato
For sure bigger is better. I’ve no doubt a fan 38mm thick would be even better still.

I think the build quality looks decent and produces similar noise levels to noctua at similar RPMs. That extra 5mm thickness gives more pressure and flow so you get better performance.

Admittedly it’s not like for like but if you can squeeze in the slightly larger fan then why not?

It's a fair point but yeah why not.

I took some measurements and in theory I could swap out all 13 25mm thick fans in my O11 XL case for ones that are 40mm thick and they would all fit.

And that has some value to me, in future I'll go for thick fans if I can - it's clear they offer two advantages over 25mm fans: significantly superior absolute performance or at a given performance level they can do it at lower rpm so less noise. Thicker fans-are essentially the same as putting in a larger fan in

Soldato
Hard to say, they run quieter at a higher RPM so they will definitely be an improvement over the Vardars.

Let us know how you get on.

ps I think the Noctuas just arrived.

Got mine finally and mounted them. Really beautiful fan and the build quality is next level. Love the material its made out of, it's simply perfect.

I noticed straight off they don't vibrate like the Arctic P12's did at a certain rpm, like a resonance. Definitely shifts more air at the same rpm but much quieter.

Will play a couple of games and see what temps i hit.

G14w2fp.jpg

F0lDNi4.jpg

Associate
Got mine finally and mounted them. Really beautiful fan and the build quality is next level. Love the material its made out of, it's simply perfect.

I noticed straight off they don't vibrate like the Arctic P12's did at a certain rpm, like a resonance. Definitely shifts more air at the same rpm but much quieter.

Will play a couple of games and see what temps i hit.

G14w2fp.jpg

F0lDNi4.jpg

I've found the same with the P12s. They're OK at sub 1,000 or 1,400 plus, but there is a weird resonance between those speeds. Keen to get black nf-a12x25s or some of these.

Soldato
I've found the same with the P12s. They're OK at sub 1,000 or 1,400 plus, but there is a weird resonance between those speeds. Keen to get black nf-a12x25s or some of these.
I think its something to do with the material used to make the fan, it's not great hence why they're so cheap. I usually just run them at 800rpm on the mo-ra3 just to avoid the resonance.

Really happy i don't get it with the T30's!

Back
Top Bottom