Photo for passport application is not of a satisfactory quality

Soldato
I recently sent off a passport picture for my passport application (not the UK) and my application was put on hold due to the passport picture not being of satisfactory quality. When I queried this they said the picture is lazer engraved on to the passport and it came out pixelated so was rejected.

The passport was taken in a passport booth and met all of the other requirements. The DVLA accepted another photo for my license renewal so I can't understand why the passport was rejected on the grounds of quality.

When I spoke to them she suggested I got this done at a photographer who will be able to offer a higher quality picture. Is this normal practice? How much is this likely to cost?

Soldato
Post Office do a check, costs a fiver or so but guarantees that the form is correct and picture is fine.

Places that develop pictures from film (or whatever they do now) usually have a passport picture service, it'll be less than a tenner.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I recently sent off a passport picture for my passport application (not the UK) and my application was put on hold due to the passport picture not being of satisfactory quality. When I queried this they said the picture is lazer engraved on to the passport and it came out pixelated so was rejected.

The passport was taken in a passport booth and met all of the other requirements. The DVLA accepted another photo for my license renewal so I can't understand why the passport was rejected on the grounds of quality.

When I spoke to them she suggested I got this done at a photographer who will be able to offer a higher quality picture. Is this normal practice? How much is this likely to cost?

If you know anyone with a digital SLR and a white wall then you can shoot and print your passport photos yourself and virtually no cost is involved other than maybe buying a pack of photo paper. I do this at home and have never had any problems.

Soldato
If you know anyone with a digital SLR and a white wall then you can shoot and print your passport photos yourself and virtually no cost is involved other than maybe buying a pack of photo paper. I do this at home and have never had any problems.

It's even simpler than that! Most places now a days have online applications, so you can send in a DSLR photo (or even a high quality 10+mpx digital camera) photo online. All you have to make sure you do is have the right Aspect Ratio...

This is what I did for my Drivers Licence, and I'm pretty sure you can do the same for passports...

I think it might be slightly different for a foreign country, but I can imagine most of them having an online system...

kd

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Out of interest, what size do you crop to?

Soldato
Passport office didn't accept my photo I had done in a booth in tesco, went to one in asda and they accepted it:p

I think it was the white background they needed. Tesco's was a cream colour rather than white.

Out of interest, what size do you crop to?

45mmx35mm at a guess.

Back
Top Bottom