photography show 2018

Caporegime
I'm not a pro but probably could have tried and blagged it

I only filled in the form, put in my website. They do check it and it says they could ask for evidence such as company certificate (I guess if you are a part of a studio), or work ID (a production or film company or magazine) or my insurance certificate.

But i applied last night and got the email this morning.

Associate
You can just walk over, it's easy to listen in and see things, less so if you want a seat. The only exception I think is the adobe talks, although think they're still free, just more organised due to being in an enclosure.

Don't think I've ever once sat through the Adobe talks, they're always mobbed with people.

Associate
What’s there to see anyway? Don’t plan to buy anything, I can always try gear in the shops.

It's mostly about gear, I can only make Saturday but it's always been busy (I assume that's when most of the non-pros are around). Definitely worth going at least once, there's dealers you wouldn't normally come across and there's a few other activities. I didn't spot anything especially interesting on the paid stage this year though.

I normally avoid the biggest brands (Nikon, Canon, Adobe, Sony etc) but this year I am quite curious about the A7 III (although I suppose it'd make more sense to hit up a shop).

Associate
Just a suggestion.
Don't use the official car parks. Instead park at or near the car parks on the rail routes going to and from the NEC.
Usual you can street park for free, just use Google Maps and Street View to plan ahead.

Caporegime
Just a suggestion.
Don't use the official car parks. Instead park at or near the car parks on the rail routes going to and from the NEC.
Usual you can street park for free, just use Google Maps and Street View to plan ahead.

I thought about that....I don’t really have that long, about 4hrs total so don’t want to spend too long walking to and from.

Caporegime
Understood.
But the train journey times are maybe 5 to 10 mins, nearly the same time as walking to your car in the NEC car park.

I have been to a gig at the NEC via trains before, both are valid options but given a choice of 5-10 mins walking vs 5-10 public transport i always go with walking because that is fixed and guaranteed. Not so much with public transport, especially trains in the U.K.

Soldato
Have you tried it? What body?

Yes, tried it on my xt-2 in the Philippines for a day with the latest body firmware, although not sure how up to date the lens firmware was as didn't check. I'm no pro, but combined with classic chrome I've got some great images, at least in my view. The autofocus speed seemed fine for intended use as well.

Caporegime
Yes, tried it on my xt-2 in the Philippines for a day with the latest body firmware, although not sure how up to date the lens firmware was as didn't check. I'm no pro, but combined with classic chrome I've got some great images, at least in my view. The autofocus speed seemed fine for intended use as well.

Ah cool, I was going to say i can bring mine for you to try, but that would be less time than you whole day you've had with it.

Back
Top Bottom