*** Photography Sticky *** Gallleries, guides, links, for sale and more ...

Associate
Hi,

May I have a recommendation on a solid camera gear marketplace forum? I’m looking to sell a large portion of my gear but I can’t wait to get 1000 posts to access this marketplace :(

I’m based in London.

Soldato
Hi,

May I have a recommendation on a solid camera gear marketplace forum? I’m looking to sell a large portion of my gear but I can’t wait to get 1000 posts to access this marketplace :(

I’m based in London.
Check out AVForums and the Talk Photography forum. :)

Associate
Ah is that why I cant see the sellers forum? Do you really need 1000 posts,? - I'll get there by about 2040 at this rate. I'm loath to post lots of irrelevant posts just to get my stats up.

Soldato
Anyone have any advice for selling a near mint Leica M6 TTL + 50mm Summicron lens?

It's just gathering dust at home, and as film has shot up in price, I really struggle to justify using it every now an then.

I may also sell my Hasselblad 500cm too :(

I really don't want to go down the eBay route, mainly due to how much you get raped in charges. But if you sell to LCE or MPB etc, they won't offer you full price, as of course they want to make money on it.

Soldato
I am not sure if it's public knowledge, but if you try to cancel Flickr Pro, and in my case, say because it's become too expensive, you get 45% off, bringing an annual membership down from £60 to £32. So I renewed.

I use it less and less, but it's got all my photos stored and shared for public viewing. I would have cancelled and just removed them if there was no retention offer, though I expected 10-20% off. So 45% off was a very pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom