• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Phys X whos got their installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Was browsing the internet earlier and was reminded of the whole physx scam/shambles and was wondering who has a physx and who has it installed, also who uses their phys x and what for. Would be interesting to know

Soldato
i saw the physix card at a well known pc high street store on the shelf. i picked up the box and dropped it on the floor and it didn't even bounce off the floor realistically.

its completley useless.

bah, if i want the performance of the agiea physics card all i have to do is take out my x1900xt and replace it with the gf4 mx 400 i have lying around. :p

Soldato
“poor poor boys, “
I have one installed and considering it boosts my FPS and gives me nice liquids effects I don’t see what’s so poor about it.

Unlike the PPU haters I don’t just paly ghost Recon. I play the newer PPU games. The PPU is not as bad as people say and the performance is good now the bugs have been fixed.

Just trying Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas now as its not clear if its a PPU game or not.

Soldato
Pottsey said:
“poor poor boys, “
I have one installed and considering it boosts my FPS and gives me nice liquids effects I don’t see what’s so poor about it.

Unlike the PPU haters I don’t just paly ghost Recon. I play the newer PPU games. The PPU is not as bad as people say and the performance is good now the bugs have been fixed.

got any links to new benchmarks done that show a benefit?

Soldato
I can only find benchmarks and reviews from the old buggy drivers. Not found one review with the new games or drivers. Sorry I have no way to prove anything :( Apart from run my own benchmarks but that doesnt count.

Soldato
Well as pure normal Ageia PR people are useless there list of games has got massively smaller and games out now are in the not out yet list its not helping they now list none PC games as well.

At a glance it appears there are there are 8 to 10 games out or 11 to 14 if you include demos like Cellfactor. Not 100% sure without going though the old list and checking what is really out and whats due out.

Associate
Pottsey said:
I can only find benchmarks and reviews from the old buggy drivers. Not found one review with the new games or drivers. Sorry I have no way to prove anything :( Apart from run my own benchmarks but that doesnt count.

Anandtech.com have a review of City Of Villains which shows improved performance when using the Physx card at the highest physics settings.

Saying that there doesn't appear to be that many games coming out on the PC that utilise the physx card at present. This will probably improve when the games built on the Unreal Engine 3 come out.

The API looks like it is being used a fair bit on the consoles. Gears of War on the 360 uses the Ageia API for their physics engine and I believe it is also included in the PS3 SDK.

Soldato
"This will probably improve when the games built on the Unreal Engine 3 come out."
Those game(s) are out now but no one seems to know if they support the PPU or not. I have to say the Unreal 3 engine looks sunning and smooth far better then I expacted.

EDIT: Not an UE3 game but another game thats out with PPU support
http://www.planetphysx.com/weblog/archives/2006/09/sneak_peak_at_auto_assault_wit.html

The PPU is no longer useless its been upgraded to semi useless ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom