Some Belfast reflections.

BoH%20500px_zpsjeerhiyw.jpg

AB%20500px_zpstzipmfhb.jpg

OR%20500px_zpso1wjmygz.jpg

smr

smr

Soldato
Ice does make for some awesome shots :)

Cheers mate, it certainly does, I just finished exporting my set of Ice Cave pictures so I may as well post them all in one go...

Black and Blue by smurkej, on Flickr
Frozen by smurkej, on Flickr
Ice Cave, Iceland by smurkej, on Flickr
Ice Caving at the Jokulsarlon Glacier - Iceland by smurkej, on Flickr
IMG_2006 by smurkej, on Flickr

Caporegime
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7684/17063970542_e5211a42da_b.jpg

Recently got a DSLR and into photography and this was really my first attempt at landscape.

The hardest thing to learn in landscape photography is composition.
In this photo the horizon line is right in the middle so there is an equal weighting to both the foreground and sky, without anything obvious to draw attention to. Such a 50-50 spit works well for some photos for example reflections in lakes because the composition enhances the sense of symmetry.
However in you photos I think you probably want to have much less sky and more foreground, the rough rule of thumb is something like 1/5th sky to 4/5th land. Of course if the sky is super interesting and the main subject you want to swap that over.

The other thing about landscapes is you really want to be looking for leading lines that can draw the viewer in to the subject. look for roads, fences, hedges, walls, rivers, streams etc. that can guide the viewer from up lose to far away, and hopefully to some focal pint like a distant mountain, or a bright sun. The lines don' need to be straight, the classic S-curve of a river is just as powerful and more pleasing

Associate
The hardest thing to learn in landscape photography is composition.
In this photo the horizon line is right in the middle so there is an equal weighting to both the foreground and sky, without anything obvious to draw attention to. Such a 50-50 spit works well for some photos for example reflections in lakes because the composition enhances the sense of symmetry.
However in you photos I think you probably want to have much less sky and more foreground, the rough rule of thumb is something like 1/5th sky to 4/5th land. Of course if the sky is super interesting and the main subject you want to swap that over.

The other thing about landscapes is you really want to be looking for leading lines that can draw the viewer in to the subject. look for roads, fences, hedges, walls, rivers, streams etc. that can guide the viewer from up lose to far away, and hopefully to some focal pint like a distant mountain, or a bright sun. The lines don' need to be straight, the classic S-curve of a river is just as powerful and more pleasing

That's great advice, next time I'm out I'll take those things into consideration :)

Back
Top Bottom