Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Soldato
OP
Probably in the thread somewhere, but what's the comfortable limit of the standard spec or with minimal mods before expensive stuff is required?

Is that the limit of the gearbox or something else?

Thats the "sensible" limit before it starts to cost a lot more money for little return - So adding 150hp to the 580hp stock power for 730hp is around £2k - The next 70hp is £2k and the next 100hp is £20k etc so the vast majority of people only go for "Stage 2" as it's called which is 730hp from a remap, air filter and secondary Cat removal.

As for limits - the turbos are 800hp-ish, the GB is 830hp-ish and the block is 1200hp-ish.

Caporegime
To be fair, a ~ 730bhp HGV (Scania R730 / Volvo FH750 etc) is “surprisingly quick” - more than enough to surprise van and some car drivers even pulling a 8ton trailer, 730 in a car must be quite something!

I looked into this the last time you said something similar. I think I found out they do 0 - 90kmh in about 11 seconds with no trailer. So I guess it would be quicker than a few city cars/vans etc even with a big trailer on the back! :)

Soldato
Thats the "sensible" limit before it starts to cost a lot more money for little return - So adding 150hp to the 580hp stock power for 730hp is around £2k - The next 70hp is £2k and the next 100hp is £20k etc so the vast majority of people only go for "Stage 2" as it's called which is 730hp from a remap, air filter and secondary Cat removal.

As for limits - the turbos are 800hp-ish, the GB is 830hp-ish and the block is 1200hp-ish.

Spot on, cheers!

Caporegime
To be fair, a ~ 730bhp HGV (Scania R730 / Volvo FH750 etc) is “surprisingly quick” - more than enough to surprise van and some car drivers even pulling a 8ton trailer, 730 in a car must be quite something!

In my yoof i worked across the road from a truck tyre shop on a massive industrial estate which was well known amongst the street racing scene. I'd cycle to work on Monday morning and almost every time there'd be new skidmarks. Myself and a few mates would often go past on a Saturday night hoping to see all the action that made these lovely round circles. It was only after a year or so that I went in on a Saturday for some OT that I heard a DAF of sorts shredding it's old tyres in a massive cloud of glorious diesel powered smoke.

I don't know how they got away with doing this with customers' trucks but it sure was glorious to witness :D

Soldato
OP
Just back at Unit20 having a post rebuild inspection before I head down to MRC on Wednesday and after a 60 mile motorway run I got this MPG reading. Not bad for 900hp :D although I realise it's an ECU thing with my non-OEM injectors.

OcUK Staff
Just how careful do you have to be with that much power on the road, just 2/3 throttle for only short periods must have you constantly in 3-6 point territory?

Its all about picking your moments and the right roads, there might be speed limits, but they are often broken, just don't get caught whilst doing so. :D

Associate
Probably speak for a lot of people that's driven fast cars; I just can't imagine what it's like planting the right foot in a 900bhp monster!

Driven a 600bhp R32 was mental enough...but 900!!!.

Soldato
OP
Probably speak for a lot of people that's driven fast cars; I just can't imagine what it's like planting the right foot in a 900bhp monster!

Driven a 600bhp R32 was mental enough...but 900!!!.

To be honest, upto around 120-ish it'd probably feel surprisingly similar but at the speeds where the 600hp cars start to hit aero resistance the 900hp ones just seem to push that aside and feels like it keeps accelerating past 200mph like a mondeo does to 110mph.

One surprising thing is that, as an ex Skyline owner myself, the RS is so well insulated in comparison that it has almost none of the Theatre, with no real cabin noise of induction kits or dump valves etc which can make it feel a bit soulless at times, regardless of the utterly ludicrous speeds it can reach.

Back
Top Bottom