Pico Neo 3 Link owners

Associate
OP
I will start
Had the headset a few days now & here are my initial findings.
Comfort..the headset is very light & nicely balanced with the battery in the back of the strap but the facial interface is not the best marks your face after a while.
Field of view...i would say it's slightly better than the Q2 very round view like looking through a good pair of binoculars.
Image quality..Top notch with good contrast/brightness & excellent colour especially using the link cable..zero screendoor effect i prefer it to the Q2 i have one dead pixel but so tiny i barely notice it.
Build quality..Same as Q2 for the headset..controllers not as premium but not terrible either.
Tracking..superb even in a dark room the tracking is spot on...i play in my living room at night with just a table lamp on & it tracks perfectly.
Steam compatibility is excellent..a little tricky to set up at first but once done it's working great.
Not too many games at the moment but i'm sure it will grow over time and you do have steam to go too.
To round off i have to say i'm very happy with the pico so far..it has a way to go but it can only get better so will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Soldato
Including yourself, I think there are only 2 or 3 owners of this headset. The fact that it's a Beta headset puts some people off buying it. Bytedance themselves say they are only going to expand if the Beta test is a success.

Just a question what's the wireless PC streaming like? I can't go back to wired room scale gaming now. Doesn't matter how good the picture is, if there is a cable attached, I don't want to know.

Lots of little niggles according to reviews and threads on other forums, but, this seems like a good headset otherwise. I hope Bytedance are happy with the feedback they are receiving. Because I would love to see them release the Pico 4 here.

Associate
Had mine for a month, not used it much though with the hot weather, last thing I want to do is strap something warm to my head!
Never used a Q2 but have had a Rift 2 but the Pico is way better. The current limited game library and the lack of the exclusives is annoying but it is just so good with SteamVR.

Associate
Had mine for a month, not used it much though with the hot weather, last thing I want to do is strap something warm to my head!
Never used a Q2 but have had a Rift 2 but the Pico is way better. The current limited game library and the lack of the exclusives is annoying but it is just so good with SteamVR.
Does it have any dead pixels?

Associate
I think lokiss has a dead pixel free pico 3, so 2 out of 4 owners from this forum have had dead pixels (plus u had 3 consecutive dead pixel picos). Ok it's hardly a massive survey size but i wouldn't be shocked if it was about a 50% rate, i think the varjo aero had about the same rate.

Soldato
Sure, mine is clear of the dreaded loss of a pixel.

Perhaps it was the first batch over here that had issues, i know i had to wait a week while a new shipment cleared customs.

Associate
OP
Changed my mind i'm sending it back..thought i could live with the dead pixels...they are very tiny but there is actually about 3 in a cluster and it's not really acceptable...i have requested a return also the wifi link is pathetic to say the least..have requested a refund waiting for a response from Systemactive.

Underboss
Changed my mind i'm sending it back..thought i could live with the dead pixels...they are very tiny but there is actually about 3 in a cluster and it's not really acceptable...i have requested a return also the wifi link is pathetic to say the least..have requested a refund waiting for a response from Systemactive.

o thats a shame

wait for the pico 4 !

Associate
I don't blame you, no-one should accept dead pixels. Even if it doesn't bother you personally, it's resale value will be significantly reduced as you'll have to (and should do) disclose it has a fault if you sell it on.

Whether SA will refund you? If it's after the no quibble return window (i assume it is), by law they are entitled to give you a replacement neo 3 instead of refund (i'm not saying they'll do this, idk what they'll do - let us know). But they only get 1 chance to put it right...if the replacement is also faulty you are then entitled to a refund, if it's within 6 months of the purchase date. If it's 6-12 months you get money knocked off.

I found this out when i received 2 consecutive dead pixel aeros, SA refunded me no problems 5 months after purchase.

Associate
OP
I have had it for 16 days so 2 days outside..also said i wasn't happy with the wireless link as it's pretty useless and i would like a refund..parcelforce is picking it up tomorrow so i will update the outcome as soon as i know.

Soldato

Good man. Hopefully they learn their lesson. Obviously they can't be avoided completely, but there's far too many headsets with dead pixels which tells me they are using B grade panels.

The returns procedure is a bit long winded, as is the wait time for the refund. That said, Amazon are no better these days.

Associate
OP
Yeah i feel like it's gonna take a while to even get any sort of response from systemactive to be honest...they got the pico back early wednesday morning.

Associate
Yeah i feel like it's gonna take a while to even get any sort of response from systemactive to be honest...they got the pico back early wednesday morning.
I had to prod them to refund me. I waited the number of days they state it takes to issue a refund - cant remember if it was 7 or 14 working days? Anyway, i waited till the time was up, i'd heard nothing and no refund. So i emailed them and a refund was issued the next day.

Back
Top Bottom