Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sales woman, a fit one at that too.

By gods you better have gotten a picture of her at least, maybe she left you one under the sun blind, roll it down and have a look!

Caporegime
fu2l.gif

Just saw rage guy in the random pics thread so I couldn't resist! :D

Oh my lulz, how did I miss this, given I've read the thread about 4 times? Genius!

My advice to James would be to take it back, read and re-read all information regarding the sale and pick holes in it, and if needed beg them to help you out as this one purchase you WILL live to regret.

If you manage to get out of it, save up a few hundred or maybe even 300-500 pounds and go and buy a basic car to run around in whilst you save up for something a little better.

If you earn what you say is a "good wage" then it wont take long to save up ~£400

I cant for the life of me work out why you are not concerned by this shocking deal, and is willing to just accept it.

Man of Honour
My advice is drive it into a deep river, on fire and with some acid in a glass bottle in the boot and then claim on your GAP insurance for your total loss.

Soldato
I wonder if he'll lose his no claims if he drives it into a river on fire? Just make sure you've got TPFT as opposed to TPO. ;)
[FnG]magnolia;14281565 said:
Oh my lulz, how did I miss this, given I've read the thread about 4 times? Genius!
Rage guy really cracks me up, so it was the least I could do! :D
People need to start dropping in saying.. 'Hi Thar from Driftworks' although its not the easiest of forums to sign up to with the fussy email :\
I think each new account has to be manually approved also, but don't quote me on that...
This thread has made it onto the MG ZS forums, and no I didn't post it there \o/

*waves*
It appears to be on a Mk4 golf forum too! :D

Caporegime
The OP is 19, a kid, naive about the world and about money. He has made a big mistake, he will come to regret it if he doesn't already, and he will learn from it. Most of us here are a bit older or wiser but none of us should take any pleasure in seeing the expensive mistake he has made, or any satisfaction in pointing that out to him :)

Its like this, he's 19, old enough to use his brain & do a bit of research prior to his visit to carcraft.

He is not beyond posting on a Motoring forum to show off his "new" car and therefore not beyond making a thread that asked for advice prior to the event. Had he done this, he'd not be in the hole he's in now.

He then tries to argue his case in the face of clear advice against & reasoned argument why he should have not bought it.....

Plenty of 19 year olds are not naive, and unwilling to listen to good advice, I hope this is a lesson for the others that are.

Last edited:
Soldato
R420LA.....(worlds most forgettable username btw :)) has a point. He could have come here first and we would have shown him much better options, not that he'd have listened.

When I was 19, I would never have been stupid enough to get myself into crap like that. I was running a 1993 Mondeo TD with 130,000 miles on it. I saved up 1400 quid for it and when it went wrong, I fixed it. I had the common sense to save up for something better (which was a 5k Yellow Xsara 1.4 - I never said my car decisions were perfect :D) when I got fed up of the Mondeo. It's only recently I've started using finance to buy cars, but even then it's small loans at decent interest rates - and I can guarantee I earn more than the OP.

Age isnt an excuse, ignorance isnt an excuse - stupidity is the only excuse for this tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom