Pictures of DELL ULTRASHARP 2007WFP

Associate
Yeah made a on the spur decision to blow the cash last night, went onto Dell to check details and it wasnt listed. Popped over to OCUK and ordered it.

£300 was a stretch to say the least, £400 wasnt an option.

Delivery tommorow :)

ps. anyone knows if this ships with any VGA or DVI cables

Soldato
Firespark said:
Yeah made a on the spur decision to blow the cash last night, went onto Dell to check details and it wasnt listed. Popped over to OCUK and ordered it.

£300 was a stretch to say the least, £400 wasnt an option.

Delivery tommorow :)

ps. anyone knows if this ships with any VGA or DVI cables

both, no power cable though.

Associate
Warranty Returns

Yeah I got a mail with a contact in case power lead in missing. If its a standard kettle I got plenty on spares anyway.

Warranty Returns questions though, the display arrives today. However I cant get any time of until Tues next week to finish new PC and re-arrange room.

So given as mentioned my current PC (other one died) is only running a Geforce FX5200 how is it best for me to test the new Dell 2007WFP.

If I leave it like 5 days does this affect my rights under sales of good act or anything.

Associate
And now Dell are offering a Free DELL E156FP with any 2007 or 3007 purchased until the end of the month. But the prices are back up.

So instead of a £300 2007 you pay £400 for a 2007 + a E156FP.

Associate
mrk said:
Make sure both VGA and DVI both work too.

thx for telling me this.
i havent tested the vga port since i bought it...about 2-3month ago.

today i tested..and the vga mode looks corrupted like ghost. the dvi is prefect and no corruption.

you can see it on the right side of the icon.
also in open window, right side of the window scroll bar. (sorry too hard to take photo using camera to show this ><)

http://www.alanliu.co.nr/trash/2007/vga.jpg
http://www.alanliu.co.nr/trash/2007/dvi.jpg

same result when i use different pc.

u guys think i need to rma this?
btw this is rev A02.

Last edited:
Soldato
That ghost image problem usually happens when the VGA cable isn't good enough for the resolution you're using. Did the VGA cable come with the monitor? If so I'm guessing they didn't include a quality cable thinking you would never use it.

Pretty sure it's not a monitor fault though. You need a high quality VGA cable to handle 1680*1050.

Associate
i just tried using the lowest resolution 800x600 and can still see the ghost image.

btw whats the key command to make my 2007fwp to show the firmware version???
i forgot XD

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's happenning in 800*600 then a new VGA cable probably won't fix it, and it's probably caused by something else. Could be some interference on the signal, make sure the VGA cable isn't wound round the monitors power cable or running too close to it.

Will you be using the VGA? If not then I personally wouldn't RMA. It still doesn't look like a monitor fault from the picture.

Associate
fish99 said:
If it's happenning in 800*600 then a new VGA cable probably won't fix it, and it's probably caused by something else. Could be some interference on the signal, make sure the VGA cable isn't wound round the monitors power cable or running too close to it.

Will you be using the VGA? If not then I personally wouldn't RMA. It still doesn't look like a monitor fault from the picture.

>< you are right. fault was the vga cable. the vga cable i tested with is old one, i didnt know quality cable would make a different.
i just unpack new vga cable that come with the 2007wfp and no ghosting at all.

thank you m8.

Associate
mrk said:
I have updated some pics, should be useful to post the updated ones

:D

Who's that in that wallpaper pic :eek: hot.

On another note, this recent price rise has priced me out of buying one of these, can't believe its price just increased by 33% seemingly overnight. Insane. Anyone have any idea when the price will come back down? At 400 quid you might as well just shell out for the 2407...

Associate
new1001mediumdi8.jpg

any idea where I can get that wallpaper ?

Cheers

Soldato
metachi said:
>< you are right. fault was the vga cable. the vga cable i tested with is old one, i didnt know quality cable would make a different.
i just unpack new vga cable that come with the 2007wfp and no ghosting at all.

thank you m8.
No problem :)

mountingmuppet said:
Who's that in that wallpaper pic :eek: hot.

On another note, this recent price rise has priced me out of buying one of these, can't believe its price just increased by 33% seemingly overnight. Insane. Anyone have any idea when the price will come back down? At 400 quid you might as well just shell out for the 2407...
Same here, was dead set on a 2007WFP when it was £300, but not at £350 (OcUK) or at the even higher Dell price. The 2007WFP doesn't do enough extra over it's competitors to justify that price IMO. I'm probably going to get the Philips from No competitor talk please!

I'm sure in a months time the Dell price will be back down, and OcUK will respond by lowering theirs, but I just don't have the patience to wait that long. I've got games that need playing :D

Wallpaper is Alessandra Ambrosio btw

Last edited:
Associate
Something I have noticed with my 2007, is when there is a black screen, there are light patches around the corners, is this normal?

Also on the menu, there is a time used bit in hrs and mins, is this accurate?

What have you got on your 2007?

Back
Top Bottom