*** Pictures of things we bought in March ***

x2_b60b3d2

For the grand ol' cost of FREE. I love eBay.

Yeah, £3.50 delivered with the voucer. Annoyingly there was nothing else the merchant had that was £1.50 otherwise I'd have taken more.

Already through one bar, oops.

My very own M1911A1 45 :cool::D:D

DSC01660-1.jpg

DSC01663-2.jpg

Ok - so it's 4.5mm, not .45acp, but hey ho. Semi-auto, full metal frame and slide, fully cycles on each shot and slide locks back when the mag is empty. Fully field strips as you can see. Both the thumb and grip safetys work - it's as close to the real thing as you can get (imvho). Great fun for garden plinking at empty cans at 8-10 yards - 18 x 4.5mm steel bb capacity - empty the mag as fast as you can pull the trigger!! It's got quite a kick, and the blowback system is great fun. Powered by co2 and I got it brand new for under £100 :) You can even put genuine 1911 grips on it :cool:

photo1-1.jpg

:D Week early birthday present to myself!

I have also paid for Tenacious D tickets, deposit for Isle of Man TT trip, New York Trip, Girlfriends birthday gifts, and thinking about it plenty of other crap I wont bore this thread with, my bank balance is hurting :(

Do you need a license to own a realistic gun like that?

I thought the UK laws were mentally tight now?

Because it is classed as an air pistol, you just have to give a name and address - you can only buy them over the counter - there is no mail order option due to the VCR act (violent crime reduction).

Airsoft guns on the other hand are not classed as air pistols, and are therefore classed as realistic imitation firearms (rif). To buy a rif you must be an active member of an airsoft group and have attended at least three sessions.

The law is daft really - this is more powerful than the airsoft equivalent - looks equally as realistic, but one is classed as a realistic imitation firearm and needs a legitimate reason to own but the other doesn't :rolleyes:

Because it is classed as an air pistol, you just have to give a name and address - you can only buy them over the counter - there is no mail order option due to the VCR act (violent crime reduction).

Airsoft guns on the other hand are not classed as air pistols, and are therefore classed as realistic imitation firearms (rif). To buy a rif you must be an active member of an airsoft group and have attended at least three sessions.

The law is daft really - this is more powerful than the airsoft equivalent - looks equally as realistic, but one is classed as a realistic imitation firearm and needs a legitimate reason to own but the other doesn't :rolleyes:

OK thanks.

I just found out there's no such law in Jersey. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom