Plan for the future or trip of a lifetime?

Associate
Toad triiiiiip wooo!

g84a87414.jpg

Soldato
I did it the other way round. Worked without seeing much of the world, 27 now and own my house with thankfully no mortgage.
From this point on though I pan to travel as much as possible before its to late, going to see Europe and then USA this year.

You should have a think and do what you truly want to do, as others have said, once you join the rat race its hard to escape.

Soldato
I'd say go but on a budget. Don't go mad. I had an open offer for a while to go and stay in Australia with someone 8 years ago. I had no ties and, at the time, it was about £650 return flights. I didn't go.

To make matters worse, they came back to the UK last month for the first time and we had an amazing time.

Man of Honour
I would doubt that you could do this trip properly on 3k on your own. You are going to pay a hefty price for such a long one way rental for a start and nobody to split the cost with. T then do it over a few months, I can't see it happening. I have driven your route on two separate trips but both with the same start and end point. My latest was up around Seattle - it was circa 2k per person and that's based on 2 sharing so half price hotel rooms, car hire, gas etc.

Either think about how you arrange the trip, ie perhaps go for less time and find a friend to do it with and use the same start and end point, or save the trip until you have more funds.

If you want to just go away and travel for 2 months on 3k then don't do the USA, take people's advice and look at Asia instead, your money will go much further.

Soldato
Go to Asia and then go do your two years working in Australia.

Can make some good money in Oz without even trying and it's a good way to spend a couple of years

Soldato
I couldn't find a job at all in Oz unless it was fruit picking and decided I'd never do that. I had more luck in New Zealand and landed a sweet IT contract job out there, my own office in Wellington looking out over the bay, feet up all day long and earned $20k and that paid for the rest of my trip, ended up affording to go to Fiji, Japan and back to Oz twice then another 4 months back in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom