Planetside 2 PS4 Beta signup.

Soldato
OP
Got mine last week, got annoyed with the controls and haven't played it since, might be Bloodborne's fault to be fair...

Associate
Got my key yesterday evening, let the game download last night. I tried to have quick look at it this morning but it kept saying the servers were down. I'll try it again tonight looking forward to it :)

PSN: adamp160

Soldato
Really enjoyed my time so far tonight, seem's like it could be a good laugh once more people are playing, only issues ive come across are things like the map being to small, text being to small, and confusing menus.

Buy a weapon upgrade and you have to check a couple time to see if it's equipped, finding friends is just luck, and the only way to see if a friend is online it to add them while in game as a friend :/

and grenades, took us the whole night to work out you need to press both L1/R1.

Associate
On PC yeah ... it's not the best, although to be fair I haven't played it for a good year or so, so might be much improved.

Signed up for the BETA to at least give it a chance.

Yeah been playing it on PC for a while actually, although not since last year. Quite keen to see it working on PS4 and was hoping it would translate well to console.

I'll try and jump on tonight.

Soldato
Just had a quick go at this and it seems very average to me.

Have you played PlanetSide before? It's very much a team objective orientated game and doesn't stack up very well if you're into lone wolf style.

The best action is always found at the flash points between different faction boundary control points. The beta isn't great at demonstrating this as being a beta it has a smaller player base than the "live" PC version for example where there can be hundreds of players in the one area fighting for control.

Associate
Have you played PlanetSide before? It's very much a team objective orientated game and doesn't stack up very well if you're into lone wolf style.

The best action is always found at the flash points between different faction boundary control points. The beta isn't great at demonstrating this as being a beta it has a smaller player base than the "live" PC version for example where there can be hundreds of players in the one area fighting for control.

Yeah was just a quick 10 minute blast by myself wondering what the hell I should be doing :p, I did find some combat in the end. I'll give it another go though.

Soldato
Yeah was just a quick 10 minute blast by myself wondering what the hell I should be doing :p, I did find some combat in the end. I'll give it another go though.

If you bring the map up (touchpad press) you can see the current zones of control by the different factions. Redeploy to one of the border regions and you'll find combat at the control points :)

Phonesis, not quite as epic in the beta but as it's closed beta it's a limited player base at present! Should be plenty of players when it goes live though.

Back
Top Bottom