Planetside 2 PS4 Beta signup.

Associate
Well I got on last night and played for about 2 hours. Was impressed. Good frame rate (although does dip sometimes), no lag, epic scale like PC version. Lots of players. Felt very much like PC version really.

Are mic comms working? Was in proximity voice and didn't hear anyone all eve. Also, the squad joining seems broken/non existent. You can't seem to join one. Guessing that's a work in progress.

Some minor things I noticed were that you can't lock a vehicle when you get out like on PC, you can't view your session stats in an easy way and have to wait till you die, the horn is broken!

On the whole, very impressive port imo. They've spent time on this and you can tell. Could be great once it's launched and people are on mics.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
been enjoying it over the weekend..it brings back great memories of the first one in the days of my isdn line!

still make me smile bailing out of a galaxy over a base

and for free when its released you would have to be very bloody minded to overly criticise it

I have encountered a couple of bugs..I bought a battle rifle and the overlay stayed on the screen meaning I couldnt see much! And I got stuck on the map once and couldnt spawn

but it looks fine and plays well if you have a good squad

when outits and squads are properly organised it will be great..like I said I have fond memories of the TR stomping people...I used to love defending something simple like a bridge to deny access to enemy tanks..a single tower and bridge could lead to a full nights battle...that one little choke point affecting the base nearby

Associate
OcUK outfit would be amazing. Has to be done.

I was on again last night and had Spotify playing in background on PS4 at the same time. Was awesome. It's not the kind of game you need to focus really hard on so ambient music works well.

To make it perfect, they need to add keyboard support for text based chat channels so it's same as PC. You can do that in other PS4 games like DC Universe Online. They also need to increase the general size of all text on screen (or provide an option to set this).

Soldato
Thanks! Will try it later, how is it so far? Sort of wonder if its a bit late though, it was originally meant to come out in the ps4 launch window wasnt it?

I have not played it for a few days, but it was really good fun, it's not the best looking game, but one you get into some action it gets better, lot's of choice on the type of player you want to be.

They just need to make it easier to get into squads with friends, and finding action and the instant action option does not always work.

Back
Top Bottom